The Student Room Group

Behavioural Economics Personal Statement

I am applying for Economics at Uni this year, and I was wondering if Behavioural Economics is too far into the field of Psychology?
I wanted to write about it in my personal statement, but I am worried that this may seem irrelevant to Economics - what do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say it's definitely relevant.
Behavioural economics is one of those buzz areas for research at the moment!

Have you been listening to 'The Human Zoo' on Radio 4?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
I'd say it's definitely relevant.
Behavioural economics is one of those buzz areas for research at the moment!

Have you been listening to 'The Human Zoo' on Radio 4?

No, but I certainly will. Thanks for the tip

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
wayyy too far in psychology
Reply 4
Original post by yaboy
wayyy too far in psychology

What do you think is an interesting topic within economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's disappointing that everyone thinks of just macroeconomics when you mention the word 'economics'.
Reply 6
No, it's fine, but you might want to check whether the unis that you apply to actually have someone that does it. If not, maybe not so good an idea. Because I definitely know that some think it's a bit of a curiosity, might be nice but won't really have that much of an impact in economics.

If you do write a PS about, make sure you know your stuff, i.e. what type of things area actually taught with regards to behavioral economics, and not just talk about a book you read about it.
Reply 7
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
I think it's disappointing that everyone thinks of just macroeconomics when you mention the word 'economics'.
Well that's what dominates the headlines.
Reply 8
With a degree like Economics and Management, would Behavioural Economics be more relevant because the way in which agents behave may influence strategies for management?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by azns
With a degree like Economics and Management, would Behavioural Economics be more relevant because the way in which agents behave may influence strategies for management?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know tbh.
Original post by azns

It could well be: behavioural econ is definitely relevant to marketing at least, which I imagine would be a key component of such a course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending