The Student Room Group

Any TSRians ever been arrested or have a criminal record?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
yeah, got arrested when I was 15. No criminal record though.

How come? And what for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Callofdutymw3
How come? And what for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how come? because I broke the law, lol. The reason was I was drunk and did some damage to a car, wasn't really intentional but got me a night in the cells all the same.
Original post by peter12345
Know a couple people from Oxford and they say that they used to break into the colleges and chill out on the quads all the time when they were kids. I guess the townsfolk must have been doing that for centuries.

as if :awesome:
Reply 43
Original post by CasualSoul
as if :awesome:

You don't believe me? There are some dodgy guys in Oxford you know.
Original post by peter12345
You don't believe me? There are some dodgy guys in Oxford you know.

lol no I meant it in a different way..I choose the wrong smilie. I should have written

as if? :eek:

LOL:rolleyes:
Reply 45
Original post by CasualSoul
lol no I meant it in a different way..I choose the wrong smilie. I should have written

as if? :eek:

LOL:rolleyes:

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by McHumpy92
lol

laugh out loud

:smile:
I only keep my crime on GTA. :proud:
Almost did but got off with a 'you're barred' from the shop though; they have changed owners a few times since then so I'm unbarred yay..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by simplylldxo
Almost did but got off with a 'you're barred' from the shop though; they have changed owners a few times since then so I'm unbarred yay..

Posted from TSR Mobile

What shop?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by This Honest
I only keep my crime on GTA. :proud:

Haha how many stars wanted level do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha how many stars wanted level do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On SA, I get 6 stars within 5 mins.
On IV, I'm still playing the game, highest I've had is 4 stars :lol:

oh a local corner shop; its changed names and brands so many times! atm its a Nisa Local!

i was 13 at the time; so I've learnt my lesson!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by simplylldxo
oh a local corner shop; its changed names and brands so many times! atm its a Nisa Local!

i was 13 at the time; so I've learnt my lesson!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol what did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol what did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what most teenagers did.. shoplifted :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
I've come close. I was smoking cannabis in my friends house and the Police came round looking for my friend's step-dad, but he honestly didn't give a **** about the weed we were smoking. At all. I've been caught shoplifting twice and I don't really know how I talked myself out of being charged or cautioned, but I did. On the flip-side, I've come close to talking myself into a cell on multiple occasions because I'm an ******** when I'm drunk, tbh.

The last thing I got away with was truly miraculous. I was drunk from whiskey and high from cocaine and absolutely full to the brim with false confidence. Somehow I thought I was invincible, like Neo from The Matrix if you will.
I asked a barman in a rough nightclub to change a fiver for me. The key here was that I asked him whilst he was stood near the open flap they use to access the area behind the bar. When he took the fiver from me, I followed him up to the till, and when he opened it, I pushed him to the floor and grabbed a handful of notes from the float. At this point you might be thinking I'm just a greedy bastard who got too desperate. No. I proceeded to throw the wad of notes up into the air, right over the people waiting to be served. I promptly exited area and left the club.

Problem was, in such a fragile state the fresh air really took it out of me, and the cigarette I lit up promptly sent my stomach into doing somersaults. I collapsed in a loading bay door, a few feet from the main entrance and I was shaken awake some time later by a Policeman. He asked me all sorts of questions, had me turn out my pockets, checked my wallet and tried to coerce me into a confession. There was no cash on me, because I kept none for myself. There were no cameras inside the club. None of the people behind the bar would come forward, because I'd made most of them £10 richer, and any who weren't fast enough to scoop up any of the cash confetti got a good show at the very least. Different, eh?

The Policeman was at a loss. To be fair, even from the start his efforts were somewhat half-hearted, like he didn't believe it was me. I hardly looked capable of standing up. He tried to gather a little more information, but none was forthcoming. I was somewhat anxious that they'd be enough evidence to bother arresting me. The barman could've just said that it was me who pushed him. He didn't see me actually do it, but I was concerned that he'd looked back up when he was on the floor to see me throw the cash into the air. However, I found out later, through the grape-vine, that on his way down to the floor he hit his head off one of the shelves underneath the bar that stores the glasses. It's probably the only reason my record is still clean.

Anyway, after Policeman left, people kept coming up to me and talking at me. I wish they didn't because this was when I started being sick on the floor next to me. I must've passed out, because I woke up when the club was closing up, and my t-shirt was covered in sick. I rang a taxi and went home. Since that night, I can count on one hand the amount of nights out I've had. Never drank whiskey since. Never sniffed cocaine since. By the grace of God, I got away with it, but if I was dumb and out-of-my-head enough to do something like this again, perhaps I would not be as lucky.
Reply 57
Original post by Ripper-Roo
nah m8 dis is tsr

i bet the worst thing is someone forgetting to give dere hwk in on timee

Do you have to type like a halfwit? It's insulting to my eyes.
Reply 58
Yeah - have been arrested a few times alright. Went through a while when I was 18 and getting into lots of trouble and getting arrested - mainly when I was out drinking, I was causing lots of trouble and getting into scraps and ended up getting into a bad fight and ended up getting charged with GBH. Got 8 months in Young Offenders. Looking back I deserved it and it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me.

I always thought I was tough enough but in there it's very different - loads of the others were out to show how hard they were and I found it tough enough. I was teh only one from my family who had been locked up or even in trouble with the police and I knew how bad my family took it and I knew how much I had let them down and I felt bad for that.

When I was there I saw lads who didn't really give a **** about anything and said they didn't mind being in there but I just wanted to do the time and get out and not waste my life. Even when I was getting in trouble I was still fairly good at school and when I was in Young Offenders I did all teh courses I could. When I got out I finished my A Levels and have just finished 2 years at college now and am looking for a job.

Having a criminal record does make life a lot harder. Whose gonna give me a job against someone who hasn't been in trouble these days? If I do anything wrong and teh police get involved and they know I have a record I get a much tougher time than anybody without a record but I know that is my fault.

A few mates have been arrested and that and I think we all do stupid things when we are young.
(edited 10 years ago)
I went up to just over 100mph on a 40 road on a quiet day when I was in a bad mood, though I also wanted to see how fast my old car could handle, I saw some angry looking mammals but no police luckily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending