The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

On Dr Zed I feel very conspicuous with the baffle out (to the point of killing the engine while at lights)

The fazer is very nice without the baffle and sounds stock with baffle in
Original post by Alex2539
Nice, I'd prefer twin cans over a stubby, which ones have you got?.. I'm sure they made a racket haha.. Are they hard to fit to a standard SV?

for twin cans you have to have the custom pipework. I dont know if pointy pipework and curvy is the same. They were twin blue flame cans, apparently not fun if you were behind me, but for commuting they were perfect and they sounded amazing. plus my mother always knew when to put the kettle on!
Have followed Bathwiggle with these cans on before and they sounded nice. Not too loud.

I had carbon pipe. smashed it in an accident like 4 years ago. Have stock pipe on atm. It's nice and discreet when leaving for work at 7am.
Original post by Boristhethird
On Dr Zed I feel very conspicuous with the baffle out (to the point of killing the engine while at lights)

The fazer is very nice without the baffle and sounds stock with baffle in

Killing the engine at the lights haha.. Sometimes I wonder how harley riders get away with it...

Original post by Bathwiggle
for twin cans you have to have the custom pipework. I dont know if pointy pipework and curvy is the same. They were twin blue flame cans, apparently not fun if you were behind me, but for commuting they were perfect and they sounded amazing. plus my mother always knew when to put the kettle on!

Ah I just saw a video about having dual cans, looks like a lot of effort to change all the pipes, especially for somebody like me who hasn't got much experience in doing it lol.. Perhaps I'll keep the single can, or get somebody to help fit dual pipes :smile:

On a second note, I've got around to taking that sound recording of my SV and made a picture for comparisons between the stubby cans and my scorpion one I mentioned earlier.

The 50cm length in red was the one I actually measured, the other lengths are estimations. Personally I feel like the 200mm might be too small, others don't seem too bad though :smile:

Here's the sound test:

Bare in mind the garage may have amplified the sound, but it still sounds nice regardless :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alex2539
Killing the engine at the lights haha.. Sometimes I wonder how harley riders get away with it...

Ah I just saw a video about having dual cans, looks like a lot of effort to change all the pipes, especially for somebody like me who hasn't got much experience in doing it lol.. Perhaps I'll keep the single can, or get somebody to help fit dual pipes :smile:

On a second note, I've got around to taking that sound recording of my SV and made a picture for comparisons between the stubby cans and my scorpion one I mentioned earlier.

The 50cm length in red was the one I actually measured, the other lengths are estimations. Personally I feel like the 200mm might be too small, others don't seem too bad though :smile:

Here's the sound test:

Here if you can't view it

Bare in mind the garage may have amplified the sound, but it still sounds nice regardless :smile:

In order to get YT to work on TSR you have to just put this bit in "Mo46_HH5xYQ&feature=youtu.be", not the whole link. I know, it's silly.

Sounds good though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Imperial_Maniac

In order to get YT to work on TSR you have to just put this bit in "Mo46_HH5xYQ&feature=youtu.be", not the whole link. I know, it's silly.

Sounds good though.

Aha thanks, I was wondering why it wasn't working :smile:

indeed aha :smile:
:colone: sup my limey friends
Original post by Texan88
:colone: sup my limey friends

:hi:
How goes?
Original post by Imperial_Maniac

Sounds good though.

Depends if you're using youtube tags or video tags. if you use video then you use the entire youtube link and the video appears bigger.

You can also click the video button then paste in the entire URL.
Original post by Texan88
How goes?

Not bad, just bought another bike :biggrin:

Drz400 (that's a zed not a zee :tongue:)

You?
Working on fixing the gsxr up. Finally have a garage now and all my tools are here so it's easier. How's the d r zee
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the Dr zed is loads of fun, though I'm already starting to miss my 600 (that said u still have it, just broken)
Reply 2333
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the Dr zed is loads of fun, though I'm already starting to miss my 600 (that said u still have it, just broken)

Diarzey :emog:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't mind having one to hoon around on :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good yo hoon on, it came with supermoto and off road wheels too :biggrin:
Reply 2336
Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good yo hoon on, it came with supermoto and off road wheels too :biggrin:

We need to have a catch up now that I work in Hendon =)
My parents have bought me a cheap old car. I think it's a hint they want me to grow up and use a car.

The problem is I never got around to taking my test a few years ago when I was good enough and now I've not driven in years and need to retake my theory and learn again.
Reply 2338
Original post by Motorbiker
My parents have bought me a cheap old car. I think it's a hint they want me to grow up and use a car.

The problem is I never got around to taking my test a few years ago when I was good enough and now I've not driven in years and need to retake my theory and learn again.

I had that problem. Plus we kept moving and I had to change instructors several times. Took me a while in the end to pass.
Original post by F4LL3N
I had that problem. Plus we kept moving and I had to change instructors several times. Took me a while in the end to pass.

I had a quick drive around the farm today and getting used to weird car clutch and giant size.

Need to find instructor to give weekend and evening lessons to learn quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending