The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boristhethird
You should buy her and give her a good home

Would if I had a need but my one fazer does everything I need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Would if I had a need but my one fazer does everything I need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My chain hasn't snapped
My chain hasn't snapped

Mine is all fixed again now. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a five hour advanced riding course yesterday in the pouring rain and I don't think I've ever been that wet/cold in my life haha. He said I was cornering all wrong though, by the end of the lesson I was riding faster in the wet than originally would have done in the dry 0.o so win!
Original post by Maccees
Had a five hour advanced riding course yesterday in the pouring rain and I don't think I've ever been that wet/cold in my life haha. He said I was cornering all wrong though, by the end of the lesson I was riding faster in the wet than originally would have done in the dry 0.o so win!

Very nice!

Can you describe the pointers they gave?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very nice!

Can you describe the pointers they gave?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well to begin with he took me to a big open bit of concrete and was telling me about the 'science' behind cornering and had be riding up and down taking my hands off the bars, then taking my hands off and leaning off the bike, then leaning off but trying to keep the bike going in a straight line etc. He was basically trying to show me what affect all the little inputs have in moving the bike.

Then he said I wasn't using my bodyweight enough when trying to go around a corner and sometimes I wasn't even leaning my body while I was trying to lean the bike (which is probably what I did when I came off the bike the other month tbh). So he had me practising trying to look around the outside of my mirrors when cornering and moving my body to help do it.

Then we went out and just practised everything and it was awesome. Surprised me just how much lean you can get in the wet to be honest. But yeah, brilliant day.
He also talked a lot about using all of the road, gaining an advantage on vision when safely possible, trigger points when starting a corner etc. It was very interesting.
Original post by Maccees
Well to begin with he took me to a big open bit of concrete and was telling me about the 'science' behind cornering and had be riding up and down taking my hands off the bars, then taking my hands off and leaning off the bike, then leaning off but trying to keep the bike going in a straight line etc. He was basically trying to show me what affect all the little inputs have in moving the bike.

Then he said I wasn't using my bodyweight enough when trying to go around a corner and sometimes I wasn't even leaning my body while I was trying to lean the bike (which is probably what I did when I came off the bike the other month tbh). So he had me practising trying to look around the outside of my mirrors when cornering and moving my body to help do it.

Then we went out and just practised everything and it was awesome. Surprised me just how much lean you can get in the wet to be honest. But yeah, brilliant day.

That sounds like an awesome day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

look what i did!
(there's a hole in the shrubbery just beyond the skidmark)
Reply 2389
Original post by Juno
That's my renewal quote. I haven't compared any meerkats yet.

I want stripy pyjama horse Oleg :smile:

I have... :redface:

Reply 2390
Original post by JC.
I have... :redface:

Bogdan
Bogdan
Bogdan
Oleg
Sergei
Specials editions agent Maya
Normal Maya
Vaseily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2391
Original post by Juno
Bogdan
Bogdan
Bogdan
Oleg
Sergei
Specials editions agent Maya
Normal Maya
Vaseily

Posted from TSR Mobile

????????
Reply 2392
Original post by JC.
????????

I can't explain because I'm not talking to you because you're mean :cry2:
Reply 2393
Original post by Juno
I can't explain because I'm not talking to you because you're mean :cry2:

I've always been mean. :confused: That's not stopped you talking to me before???
Reply 2394
Original post by JC.
I've always been mean. :confused: That's not stopped you talking to me before???

Yes, but this time you insulted Rich and that's unforgiveable. It's understandable because you're just jealous that I've loved my car for 5 years and you can't find one you like for 5 minutes, but that doesn't make it ok :sad:
Reply 2395
Original post by Juno
Yes, but this time you insulted Rich and that's unforgiveable. It's understandable because you're just jealous that I've loved my car for 5 years and you can't find one you like for 5 minutes, but that doesn't make it ok :sad:

Who's "rich"?

look what i did!
(there's a hole in the shrubbery just beyond the skidmark)

Can't tell what you did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't tell what you did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mid corner i decided to see what the fazer is like off road, that skid mark is from my rear tyre, and i went about a bike length into the shrub (then pulled it out before the photo was taken)
Reply 2398
Original post by JC.
Who's "rich"?

My car. He's a corsa and he's lovely :hand:

Can't tell what you did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He has so many bikes he got confused which he was riding

Does this mean I need a new chain/sprockets? D:

Quick Reply

Latest