The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Wondered why my front lights where rubbish on the way home at night. Finally got around to doing a quick clean today, they were absolutely caked in dirt. Might need to invest in some shampoo/buckets/sponges rather than just pointing a hose at her :lol:
Reply 2582
wish we had this at our uni
Reply 2584
Lots of pictures of ninjas

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Maccees

That was impressive tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
I leave for work at half six. No traffic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh to live not in london

Original post by Maccees
Wondered why my front lights where rubbish on the way home at night. Finally got around to doing a quick clean today, they were absolutely caked in dirt. Might need to invest in some shampoo/buckets/sponges rather than just pointing a hose at her :lol:

I just use washing up liquid
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2587
Boris and ugsy tried to kill me on Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2589
Original post by Juno

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did i try and kill you, i thought it was just Ugsy
Reply 2591
Original post by Boristhethird
how did i try and kill you, i thought it was just Ugsy

You fitted the heated grips and are therefore being blamed for loose wiring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
You fitted the heated grips and are therefore being blamed for loose wiring

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like the lesson to be learned here is to do your own motorcycle maintenance :O
Talking about maintenance do you guys think the stamp in the service book is worth £200?

Seems like a silly amount of money for something I could do myself for about £40 :unimpressed:. Only attraction to it is it will look better when I come to sell it when my restriction comes off.
Original post by Maccees
Talking about maintenance do you guys think the stamp in the service book is worth £200?

Seems like a silly amount of money for something I could do myself for about £40 :unimpressed:. Only attraction to it is it will look better when I come to sell it when my restriction comes off.

what bike? how new?
Original post by Maccees

Probably not. Unless it's very new and worth a few k. Details of bike?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boristhethird
what bike? how new?

Original post by Motorbiker
Probably not. Unless it's very new and worth a few k. Details of bike?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2009 (registered in 2010 though) Kawisaki ER6F. 1000 miles past it's 7500 mile service :redface:

But I've ordered all the stuff to do it myself now anyway haha. Though I ordered fully synthetic oil and now I'm reading on all but expensive track bikes it causes clutch slip...
Original post by Maccees
2009 (registered in 2010 though) Kawisaki ER6F. 1000 miles past it's 7500 mile service :redface:

But I've ordered all the stuff to do it myself now anyway haha. Though I ordered fully synthetic oil and now I'm reading on all but expensive track bikes it causes clutch slip...

keep the recipt and note down the milage and date, put that in the service history and the next owner might count it as service history.
How much seems reasonable for a second hand learner bike? Also what types would you recommend? Had a lesson on a cbf which was very nice.
Reply 2599
My boot is broken!

I've only had em a year and a half. They're practically new! :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest