The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Made the mistake of going to the "cafe racer" subreddit.

I was in my car yesterday (s2k w/300hp) and this moped comes up alongside me at the traffic lights with a fat man on it. Unsurprisingly when we pull away, the S2k pulls away faster than a moped without even trying but then I get stuck in traffic. He comes up alongside me and shouts "that didn't get you very far!" I shout back "get yourself on a real bike!" and then he starts justifying why he rides a moped. I say I have a Street Triple and proper licence and he then speeds away, only to get caught behind a lorry on a hill where he can't overtake because he hasn't got the power.

Oh how I laughed when I overtook both of them.

:biggrin:
Original post by gbduo
I was in my car yesterday (s2k w/300hp) and this moped comes up alongside me at the traffic lights with a fat man on it. Unsurprisingly when we pull away, the S2k pulls away faster than a moped without even trying but then I get stuck in traffic. He comes up alongside me and shouts "that didn't get you very far!" I shout back "get yourself on a real bike!" and then he starts justifying why he rides a moped. I say I have a Street Triple and proper licence and he then speeds away, only to get caught behind a lorry on a hill where he can't overtake because he hasn't got the power.

Spoiler

Original post by gbduo

Found a video of him for you.

You on your speed triple would have won over both of you though.

The other day i accidentally gave the biker head nod to a moped, I was so embaressed... :frown:
Original post by Motorbiker

The other day i accidentally gave the biker head nod to a moped, I was so embaressed... :frown:

Well I totally misread that.

Found a video of him for you.

You on your speed triple would have won over both of you though.

Hahahaha! That youtube video has improved my day no end!!!

Yeh, no biker nod to anyone with L plates. Sorry.
Original post by Imperial_Maniac

Don't worry, it wasn't just you!

I nod to some, the ones in full gear. We all have to start somewhere and as you can't just go and get a 600 at 17 now, they have to be far more patient than i was.

I got some very funny looks from homebase workers today as i loaded the sv with carrot and bean plants, plus some garden canes and other bits cargo netted to the back. I really need a car!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Imperial_Maniac

ANd now i'm even mroe embaressed.

Original post by gbduo
Hahahaha! That youtube video has improved my day no end!!!

Yeh, no biker nod to anyone with L plates. Sorry.

Glad i could help.

I nod to L plates riders. They could easily be just newbie riders not passed their test yet. It's fine if they're on a normal bike that just happens to be a 50/125 but never nod at a moped....
Reply 1609
ANd now i'm even mroe embaressed.

Glad i could help.

I nod to L plates riders. They could easily be just newbie riders not passed their test yet. It's fine if they're on a normal bike that just happens to be a 50/125 but never nod at a moped....

I nod, but most of the time they seem confused...

And new blog entry :smile: http://mcblogspot83.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/new-toy-introducing.html

You mean the poor lass i met last weekend on a moped she was getting mot'd would get ignored. I know why all the lasses think that bikers are horrible and scary! (a number seem to start on mopeds as they are small and light. Unlike me.

Wickfords were surprised that it was my bike that was being taken in for once, i'd just gone along to say hello.
(edited 9 years ago)
Years ago, my wife borrowed my 550 to go to work in London. Fell off outside Madam Thussauds. The bloke behind got out to help, she took her helmet off and he said "It`s a girl", got back in his van and drove off.
Original post by Matureb
Years ago, my wife borrowed my 550 to go to work in London. Fell off outside Madam Thussauds. The bloke behind got out to help, she took her helmet off and he said "It`s a girl", got back in his van and drove off.

I've never had that response. Normally they try and help when i don't need/want it. Or just go past if i'm pootling
Reply 1613
Two entries in one day - you luck people. Pyrenees Day 3
http://mcblogspot83.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/pyrenees-day-3.html
Original post by F4LL3N

Original post by Bathwiggle

Yours or Wiggles'? Either way, that's a mint looking Blade! Very nice indeed :biggrin:
Original post by LandyJon
Yours or Wiggles'? Either way, that's a mint looking Blade! Very nice indeed :biggrin:

welll.... log book says it's his,.... possession is 9/10th of the law, its in my garage normally, so i maintain it's mine! It's very shiny.
Reply 1616
Original post by LandyJon

Yeah I was very pleased when I picked it up =)
Original post by Bathwiggle

I got some very funny looks from homebase workers today as i loaded the sv with carrot and bean plants, plus some garden canes and other bits cargo netted to the back. I really need a car!

*sort*

Original post by Matureb

That's bizarre, they normally fall over each other to help me when I've dropped Tabitha (R.I.P.)
Original post by Lantana

That's bizarre, they normally fall over each other to help me when I've dropped Tabitha (R.I.P.)

SAME!

I'm such a beautiful butterfly!
Reply 1619
Encountered the mother of all squids today. Was sat at the traffic lights on my way home. Guy comes up the RHS of the lane (filtering). He's wearing a helmet, hoodie and joggers. Gets to the light, inches past the traffic island then drives over the right-hand lane onto the pavement near the railings. Dismounts, and runs his bike (on foot, engine still on) along the pavement over to the next junction. Gets back on, drives across the wrong lane again and turns right up the road. Traffic light was red during all this. Crazy.

Quick Reply

Latest