The Student Room Group

Single people, how do you cope without someone?

Scroll to see replies

Find a hobby to get obsessed about. There are loads of things to fill your time up with. I haven't got enough time is the problem!

Get an imagination beyond neediness on another soul. What's there to like in a person if they don't have their own identity by themselves.
Original post by chappers-94
Lol you're funny. Women in the middle east marry men for money. It's just a wonderful feeling to know the woman has monetarily objectified you.

When did I say I was going to marry a girl from the Middle East? There are other countries that aren't Westernised too. And not every girl from a non-Westernised country is dating a guy for money.
I just tell myself it's because nobody can handle my awesomeness.

Whether or not that is true is irrelevant.
Get on with your life mainly.Stop wallowing in the self pity, focus on living as full a life as you can and self improvment. I can go to the gym , I can read a book , I can go out rifle shooting , I can finish writing my short story before I start back at college in September.....Possibilities for you are endless.
Reply 64
I think when the time is right the right person will come along for everyone and things will happen naturally you can't force fate through life :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cope very badly. I get horribly lonely sometimes. I also fear that I'm becoming very bitter about it :frown:
I try and avoid listening to love songs if I can help. Just makes me feel sad and depressed most of the time
Original post by ClairSweeting
I try and avoid listening to love songs if I can help. Just makes me feel sad and depressed most of the time

I avoid romcoms, I watch them then I feel awful at the end. But I avoid certain songs too like one direction stuff makes me too sad

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just tell myself that i was single for 16 years before my first boyfriend and i was fine. A relationship isn't the be all and end all of life

Spoiler

Can't say it bothers me. But I've never been with someone anyway; so know no different.
Reply 70
Original post by Willum Infanta
Being awesome, dancing, going to the gym, singing and then going out so I can get off with some random girl

Really, i thought you were gay? Or have i misread one of your past posts :redface:
Reply 71
The kind of relationship I want to have isn't one where I'm "tied down", it's one where I'm still free to be me and have somebody to share it with. But seriously, 19 and single is nothing, although it can feel like it is at the time. I'm 25 and single, and people still repeatedly tell me how young I am.

I see being single as a way to build a life for myself, a time to become a whole person before being able to share that with someone. I admit I'd prefer to be in a relationship than single, but that's just me, I think that everyone's emotional needs are different - just as some prefer being around people often, while others need more "me time", or where some women get very broody while others have little desire for children or motherhood.
Original post by james1211
Really, i thought you were gay? Or have i misread one of your past posts :redface:

:rofl: Was it my old sig? Saying how I want to have babies with this guy?

Actor-Jonathan-Wood-R-with-a-guest-arrive-at-Australians-In-Film-Awards-Benefit-Dinner-at-InterC.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
:rofl: Was it my old sig? Saying how I want to have babies with this guy?

Actor-Jonathan-Wood-R-with-a-guest-arrive-at-Australians-In-Film-Awards-Benefit-Dinner-at-InterC.jpg

Maybe :laugh: My apologies :redface:
Original post by james1211
Maybe :laugh: My apologies :redface:

I apologise for being misleading, probably doesn't help that it's actually surprisingly fun to have a night out in the gay village (you'd be surprised by how many straight girls lay about there :mmm: )
Reply 75
I've been feeling pretty low about this recently, i've never had a girlfriend so don't know what it's like not being single. But you just have to think that one day you will find the right person for you. To be honest I would just really like a girl 'friend' who I could just talk to each day. Who knows though it might happen one day. :rolleyes:
Reply 76
I apologise for being misleading, probably doesn't help that it's actually surprisingly fun to have a night out in the gay village (you'd be surprised by how many straight girls lay about there :mmm: )

A lot of straight girls i know go to gay bars to avoid straight men now you mention it. Hmm :colone:
Original post by ForgetMe
I still wait for my dumb prince on a white mule :love:

Someone like this? http://25.media.tumblr.com/32eb14c1c1038ecd91c185bdf1114597/tumblr_mgk9f1cUyg1r8wsdbo1_500.gif
I've been single since I split with my 2 year long ex about 13 months ago now. I feel the exact same as you if I'm honest, I just think I'm some ugly 20 year old bloke who has no chance with a girl. I just haven't felt the same about relationships, sex and girls since then although I have done it since. Honestly I couldn't really care less about being single and some of my mates have completely changed since being involved in a relationship. I have times when I start feeling lonely and really down - but that's why you have friends so use them.

I became extremely depressed after the split and never thought I'd pull out of it. The key to staying happy is to not dwell on the fact you're single but to just take every day as it comes. I don't know whether it makes sense to others but to me it does; I always say, "Don't go looking for a relationship, wait for one to happen". They are the ones that involve love and not just attraction.

When you see a girl that is attracted to you they all show signs, whether it's the way they act or the way they look at you. When you meet that girl, you will know.. :smile: Just keep your chin up.
(edited 10 years ago)
"Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending