The Student Room Group

Single people, how do you cope without someone?

Scroll to see replies

How do you cope in a relationship?

I can go out, do what I want, shag anyone I like, not get nagged at over the phone, not have to spend stupid amounts of money on flowers and other rubbish...

FREEDOM!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
It's easy to only see the positives of a relationship from the outside and yearn for the same - after all, a couple is going to want to appear perfect to others.

Speaking as somebody from both positions, I understand how being single can feel lonely and never-ending. However, it is vastly better than being with someone that isn't right for you. Nothing feels lonelier than being in an unhappy relationship.

Take this time to forget about meeting somebody or falling in love, and start building a full life stuffed with things that make you happy. That way, when you do meet somebody, you'll be all the more attractive and independent and won't 'need' the other person to complete you.
Reply 82
I don't understand how one could cope with not being single before marriage??? No morals in today's goy society! I'm only going to be with my husband like a real Jew not a curveh.
Reply 83
Original post by Yael
I don't understand how one could cope with not being single before marriage??? No morals in today's goy society! I'm only going to be with my husband like a real Jew not a curveh.

Say what?? Are you from Meah Shearim?
Reply 84
Original post by Faye_m
Say what?? Are you from Meah Shearim?

Funny goyah. You don't have to be old Yishuv to respect yourself and follow some basic fundamental principles!
Reply 85
Original post by Yael
Funny goyah. You don't have to be old Yishuv to respect yourself and follow some basic fundamental principles!

Care to speak English?
Im finding it quite difficult, i was in a really long relationship so it was a shock when it ended. I just try and not think about it and just try think of the positives
OP read 'The Game'

Posted from TSR Mobile
listen little girl. you sound like you need some help. there are hardly any Jews on this site so no one understands your gibberish. also Jews are thought of as educated so please don't bring down that view. you shouldn't be on this site if all you have are uneducated ignorant narrow minded backwards negative views especially since u seem to think Jews can do no wrong and everyone else is bad. get a life and a mind (preferably one that works) because the people writing hear are good people who are asking for help or opinions on their life..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
I feel exactly the same way, even though im 17.
Im hoping to find someone when i go to university, who's doing near enough the same course as me (Computing & IT).
Reply 90
it must be awful to be this desperate for a relationship
Reply 91
I have no time for a relationship and I wouldn't want to start one when I'm moving away soon anyway... Seeing all the heartache and bother that my friends who are in relationships experience only cements my current mindset. I have no desire to be in a relationship at this point in my life :P
I rarely seem to meet unattached women that I like enough to want to date, so I feel like I've had little choice but to be single, really. I find that if you just fill your life with doing stuff that you really enjoy, you grow to enjoy the perks of being single, like the freedom and not having to spend as much money, and don't even have much time to stop and think about the downsides of being single.
To be honest relationships are really overrated. I had a boyfriend for three years and he died. My Mumma and i also lost my dad when he died and has she has also recently divorced. Anything like that ends in death or a split. I have that in my mind and It doesn't make me want a relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IndieeCindiee
To be honest relationships are really overrated. I had a boyfriend for three years and he died. My Mumma and i also lost my dad when he died and has she has also recently divorced. Anything like that ends in death or a split. I have that in my mind and It doesn't make me want a relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow thats horrible, im so sorry to hear that
Reply 95
By having fun and enjoying yourself :biggrin:
Original post by AndyJay123
I've been single since I split with my 2 year old ex about 13 months ago now. I feel the exact same as you if I'm honest, I just think I'm some ugly 20 year old bloke who has no chance with a girl.

Hey dude, i'm all for the whole 'age is just a number' thing, but 18 years is a pretty big difference, and 2 years old is pretty young for a girl to be in a relationship...
Why are 80% of the guys on tsr desperate for a gf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by Secretnerd123

Posted from TSR Mobile

*95%
Original post by Secretnerd123

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea why. It's funny though.

Posted from TSR Mobile