The Student Room Group

personal statement order

hi I have drafted my personal statement but i'm not sure what order each paragraph has to be in or does it not matter? the order I have so far is: intro/personal experiences, reasons for applying, current/previous studies, work experience, achievements, extracurricular activities, hobbies, career plans/conclusion. I just want to know if this is a suitable order or if it needs changing around a bit.:smile:
Reply 1
There is no set order or structure that you HAVE to follow in your Personal Statement. The decision is completely up to you.

If you'd like more help/feedback on your PS. You can use the PS Help Service on TSR.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=134
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tgwktm
hi I have drafted my personal statement but i'm not sure what order each paragraph has to be in or does it not matter? the order I have so far is: intro/personal experiences, reasons for applying, current/previous studies, work experience, achievements, extracurricular activities, hobbies, career plans/conclusion. I just want to know if this is a suitable order or if it needs changing around a bit.:smile:

Reasons for applying first. Don't waste time with current studies. They can see what you are studying from the academic section and know what you can expect to be learning from your A levels. Only put in hobbies and interests f they relate to your application. They won't be interested in your career plans. Make 75% - 80% about your interest in the subject and squash the rest into the small bit at the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending