The Student Room Group
Footballers and F1 drivers are paid very highly since the whole industry is very lucrative with many fans/supporters paying to see games/races, buying merchandise, buying Sky to watch better games etc. etc. etc.
Reply 2
Agent Z
Footballers and F1 drivers are paid very highly since the whole industry is very lucrative with many fans/supporters paying to see games/races, buying merchandise, buying Sky to watch better games etc. etc. etc.

Well I think they should decrease the price of: tickets to see matches, merchandises, SKY...and this would sort the problem...?

Or keep the same price...and make a deal like...50% of the price of a ticket/merchandise/sky monthly contract goes to charity.... :frown:
The thing is they don't see it as a problem. In the eyes of the rich and powerful, how could earning more money ever be a problem?
Original post by G&#949
Well I think they should decrease the price of: tickets to see matches, merchandises, SKY...and this would sort the problem...?

Or keep the same price...and make a deal like...50% of the price of a ticket/merchandise/sky monthly contract goes to charity.... :frown:

But the people running football clubs/ F1 races and teams want to make the most money possible.

They have to pay footballers/ F1 drivers increasingly high amounts of money due to competiton from other football/F1 teams.
Reply 5
Original post by G&#949

Wishful thinking..
Reply 6
As long as people are stupid enough to pay extortionate ticket prices and buy overpriced merchandise, then wages will remain high - and good luck to them I say!
Reply 7
Sync
As long as people are stupid enough to pay extortionate ticket prices and buy overpriced merchandise, then wages will remain high - and good luck to them I say!

:rofl: Funny user title. Me like. :biggrin:
Reply 8
heh :frown:

i wish i was paid millions to sit behind a desk.
Reply 9
pumpkin7
heh :frown:

i wish i was paid millions to sit behind a desk.

Tell me about it...

I am sure there is competition from other firms to get a person to sit behind a desk... :smile:
Reply 10
yes, i should make them bid millions for me so i will sit behind their desk.

Latest