The Student Room Group

How are you coping with results day stress?

Seriously, it is three weeks today that most of can be certain that we are off to uni. But until that day, how are you coping with the pressure?
I have to take sleeping pills because I think too much at night about how I will open the envelope and what will be written in it and what I will do if I don't get the grades.
I am just interested how you guys cope with it all. Or don't you cope at all?

Sanna

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Personally I don't really get the jitters until the morning of results day, but i guess to cope with the stress you should perhaps start a new hobby or something to try and get your mind off the big day :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Vip3rgt9
Personally I don't really get the jitters until the morning of results day, but i guess to cope with the stress you should perhaps start a new hobby or something to try and get your mind off the big day :smile:

Yeah, I am asking as many shifts as possible at work to take my mind of it and I bought "The Great Gatsby" :smile: but it is still haunting me at night haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Pray to God every night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Serenade
Pray to God every night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately i don't believe he will be marking your paper :frown:
Reply 5
kidding myself that I'll definitely get in my firm uni. At least you wont feel down until results day.
Reply 6
Alcohol.
Cider and Malibu are taking most my stress away to be honest :smile:
Reply 7
I keep "trying" to forget about results day. But I'm so worried.

20 more days guys!
Give it another week and I'm going to be freaking out so much :/
Planning a few nights out to try forget !
Reply 8
Original post by northbrad30
Unfortunately i don't believe he will be marking your paper :frown:

He does control the heart of his creations. The examiner may mark generously. :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Not really bothered about it tbh. I've got a pretty solid idea on what grades I'm going to get on results day, so yeah not bothered.
Reply 10
Original post by Sly1
He does control the heart of his creations. The examiner may mark generously. :rolleyes:

I believe that too! Woop! By God's grace, I get in! I just try to keep myself busy besides worrying about results day. It will soon become a distant memory.
working, trying to do things everyday to keep myself preoccupied, e.g. see friends, read, go out etc :smile:
AS student here, I was coping okay up until I saw the thread with the Edexcel mark schemes.

They're the exam board for ALL of my subjects...

tumblr_inline_mq0g2wvlwS1qz4rgp.gif
Just reading through this thread is making me nervous:frown:
Reply 14
I just try to think about other things.
I can officially say I'm not coping! Ive always thought about the positive and ONLY recently have i imagined what will happen if i don't get the results... Im up at half four in the morning for a reason, i am definitely not coping!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Tea.. and digestives.. it's worked for me thus far so I don't plan on giving up until the 15th
:^_^:

No seriously, I'm absolutely bricking it.
I left all my exams confident that I smashed it but now?

not so confident
:bricks:
Reply 17
I was depressed after core four maths so I grieved Early for a week now I'm applying for jobs in my gap year aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Keep busy! After an exam's finished I try not to think about it, at the moment I'm volunteering in Nepal and the work and conditions are so tough results day is the last thing on my
mind!
Reply 19
Original post by ShannenWilsonW82
I can officially say I'm not coping! Ive always thought about the positive and ONLY recently have i imagined what will happen if i don't get the results... Im up at half four in the morning for a reason, i am definitely not coping!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm like that! I woke up at half three to calculate how low my grades could still be, to be equivalent with the UCAS points I need. I wish I could just sleep through for 19 days, 18 hours and 26 minutes :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending