The Student Room Group
Reply 1
lack of co-operation between the party
ie Bol/Men split
Lenin's unorthodox tactics ie bank robberies
falling out with other Bolsheviks ie Bognadov circa 1906/7?
sorry havent revised this in a while, lil bit rusty. still got a week til the exam lol :rolleyes:
Reply 2
ems33
lack of co-operation between the party
ie Bol/Men split
Lenin's unorthodox tactics ie bank robberies
falling out with other Bolsheviks ie Bognadov circa 1906/7?
sorry havent revised this in a while, lil bit rusty. still got a week til the exam lol :rolleyes:

Yeah Im getting nervous about it,wanting the essay to be about the February revolution, thanks for your help.
Reply 3
tomtheone
Just another Essay to probe your minds about.

Discuss the reasons why the Bolsheviks had achieved so little by 1914.

The period in question is 1900 to 1914.
I know that Lenin was in exile for most of the time, but if anyone else can suggest any ideas I would be thankfull.

this was on the as exam i just did, im pretty sure!
Reply 4
tomtheone
Just another Essay to probe your minds about.

Discuss the reasons why the Bolsheviks had achieved so little by 1914.

The period in question is 1900 to 1914.
I know that Lenin was in exile for most of the time, but if anyone else can suggest any ideas I would be thankfull.

I think its cuz situation in russia was not as bad compared 2 WW1, where food shortages n peasants revolts were mostly subdied. Therefore, the Bolsheviks were able to make appelaingt policies such as land to the peasants, and so their radicle approach was accepted by Russians during hardships.
Reply 5
Mention after 1906 Stolypin's land reforms and crackdowns on revolutionary parties. All revolutionary politics suffered as a result.
Reply 6
I did an essay plan for this the other day...*tries to remember*

Bolsh/Mensh split - caused by Lenin's ideas
Strength of Tsarism - Stolypin's reforms & good harvests meant relatively happy peasants
- censorship, internal exile to Siberia, Okhrana, the army...
And then of course the fact that Lenin was in exile for most of the time...apart from a few months in 1905, he wasn't back until April 1917

Can't think of any more :frown: Shows how well the revision's going!

Latest

Trending

Trending