The Student Room Group

Dentistry in Spain

I was looking at UEM in Valencia, Spain last year but decided to take a gap year instead. I've now heard that the course has been officially recognized by the EU and am interested in applying for September 2013 entry.

Can anyone help with how to apply and any further information about the course? :smile:
Reply 1
Hello there - I may be able to help you as I am currently studying Dentistry at UEM (Valencia campus). I have just completed my first year and I can confirm that we have now been officially told that the European Commission have approved the course (Grado en Odontologia) meaning entry back to the UK will be automatic.
The course is primarily taught in English but the clinical years are taught in Spanish - we get Spanish lessons provided to us. Other than that, it has been really good - with some clinical experience already!
Hope this helps and good luck with your application.
Reply 2
Hey,
Thanks for responding. Are you planning to continue on to your second year? I'm slightly worried about learning Spanish, do you think the classes will be enough to do your clinical practice in Spanish? I still can't see how to apply. When you applied how did you do it? And what was the application process like?
Reply 3
Original post by rockchick141
Hey,
Thanks for responding. Are you planning to continue on to your second year? I'm slightly worried about learning Spanish, do you think the classes will be enough to do your clinical practice in Spanish? I still can't see how to apply. When you applied how did you do it? And what was the application process like?

Yeah I am - starting 2nd year in September :smile: The Spanish lessons are good and most of us are speaking to a good level after one year only...
I applied through GDC-Spain (www.gdc-spain.com) is their website. I had to send all of my certificates and passport copy as an email and then was given an offer after a Skype interview - was more of a chat than an interview. Any more questions feel free to ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending