The Student Room Group

Am I ready for theory test?

Hi, my theory test is on Wednesday and I'm not confident ill pass.
I got the CD and official DSA App and I pass every mock exam i take (average 46/50)
I've taken the test already once but failed on MC by 4 marks but passed HP 58/75 ( I find that easy).
I mainly failed my first test because I booked it on the week of my A-Level exams and didn't bother revising. My instructor said I'm ready for my practical but need to pass theory.
Can anyone please give me tips on how to pass and how would I know if I'm ready as £31 is nearly a third of my wages and too expensive for me
(edited 10 years ago)
Aside from taking mock tests, have you been revising - reading up on the information and Highway Code provided on the DSA app? If not, you really should. Helped me pass first time.
Reply 2
Your average scores seem good, I reckon you'd pass it.
Reply 3
The highway code doesn't really help. Just make sure you've done as many of the official questions as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
^ It does. Especially the road sign section.
Reply 5
The Highway Code will definitely help you understand some of the signs that you may not quite understand (and they do ask you what they mean) in some of the multiple choice, so going through the Highway Code will help a lot before the test. By the sounds of it OP, you seem ready to take the test. Just do as many mock tests as you can before the test so that hopefully you should be able to memorise as many of the questions/answers as possible.
Reply 6
Thanks guys! I passed with 47/50 and 59/75. The Highway code definitely helped me (read it over and over again).
Reply 7
Original post by worldsgreatest
Thanks guys! I passed with 47/50 and 59/75. The Highway code definitely helped me (read it over and over again).

Great to hear it OP. You got the same as me on the multiple choice! :congrats:
Reply 8
Original post by worldsgreatest

Congratulations!! One more test to go!
Reply 9
Nice one. I just passed my too, I got 46/50 on the multiple choice and 54/75 for HP :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending