The Student Room Group

AAT Accountancy path? Or BA Hons Business Studies?

Hello,

I've just had a gapyear and now would like to get back in to education.
A local College is offering the Ba Hons in Business Studies, they are offering it as a 4 year part time course. Does anybody know how the work is distributed in terms of how many essays and how many exams?
I am interested in this degree as there will be many career oppurtunities rather than one specific role and a degree is generally better looked upon by employers.

The college also have listed "Accountancy apprenticeships" from Intermediate to Higher (level 2-4 AAT)
I was originally looking at this apprenticeship however, there are no accountancy vacancies within my area at all..I could contact local firms with a cover letter and my c.v asking, but it's such a hassle. (I've been applying for apprenticeships since March and no luck in terms of actually getting responses)

I am so confused about the AAT course. Do you need to have an apprenticeship to do it? Or is it a course in itself?
The college don't have it listed in the courses section, it is only mentioned in the apprenticeships part.
Last week I went for a general chat about it and the guy said something about being able to do the AAT level 2 as a fulltime course, but it isn't listed on the website?

Also, is the AAT just exam based? I hear that level 3 is extremely hard.

I'm very confused on which course to apply for so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending