The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Accommodation - Premium Ensuite and Ensuite difference?

Wanted to ask for the University of York, what is the difference between premium ensuite and ensuite? been comparing the pages on the website but don't really seem to go into detail and can't find it anywhere else on website.

thanks
Reply 1
I don't know if it is against forum rules to 'bump' or not, but I'd really like to know what the difference is as well :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
I think I read somewhere that premium just means 'newer'
Reply 3
The premium ones are the newer ones.
Reply 4
Original post by kateturner7
The premium ones are the newer ones.

ah simple! thank you :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by daisyrchds
Wanted to ask for the University of York, what is the difference between premium ensuite and ensuite? been comparing the pages on the website but don't really seem to go into detail and can't find it anywhere else on website.

thanks

Original post by CurtisJB
I don't know if it is against forum rules to 'bump' or not, but I'd really like to know what the difference is as well :smile:

Yes, in all newest colleges (like Langwith and Goodrick) and blocks (like Donald Barron Court and Barbara Scott Court - all part of Vanbrugh) the ensuite rooms there are labelled as premium ensuite. If you look at the photos provided at the website (sadly there is usually just one shown) you can see that premium ensuites often have simplier/modern design of bathroom facilities (eg. simple shower pods with curtains that unfortunately tend to stick to your body when you take a long shower).

There isn't a big different, just the fact that they are newer :P I know that there are some ensuites with bathtub :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Ive applied premium ensuite for James!! not to sure what its actually going to be like tho hahaha. Fingers crossed ey! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by deecreaney11
Ive applied premium ensuite for James!! not to sure what its actually going to be like tho hahaha. Fingers crossed ey! :smile:

same! maybe i will see you haha (if i get in). im assuming you have an unconditional offer if you've applied now? or are you just a continuing student :tongue:
Original post by deecreaney11

same! maybe i will see you haha (if i get in). im assuming you have an unconditional offer if you've applied now? or are you just a continuing student :tongue:

In James the premium/normal ensuite thing is the other way round - so the premium ones are actually the older accommodation blocks. You get a slightly bigger room and an actual bathroom rather than a 'pod' - some have actual baths!! Also the furniture is freestanding so you can move it around if you want. (unfortunately you don't get a curvy desk...)
The photos on the website don't show a lot, but the student TV station have made a video with all of the different accommodation types - YSTV's Guide to Colleges, it takes you round all of the rooms including James and Derwent ensuite and premium ensuite :smile:

Aww good luck & let me know if you get in James:smile:! I've just received my accom offer, yes i dooo :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending