The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by jimmymacmog
Just been rejected :frown:

Not an amazing feeling I must admit (obviously).

Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Sorry to hear that! I will probably be rejected soon too. Do you mind me asking what were your stats? Thank you and good luck on other applications!
Original post by Saadm0530
Anyone know when Edinburgh offers go out?

I'd expect them around about March - April.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you're still in the running elsewhere. :smile:
Reply 942

Ohhh, sorry to hear that! I know what it feels like... :frown: I've been rejected by my 3 other unis. Edinburgh is "miraculously" the last medical school that is still considering my application. :smile: Um, did you receive the notification today? I'm just a bit surprised that they started sending rejections on the first monday of february. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Ive also been rejected about 10 minutes ago.
Edinburgh was my first choice and I feel gutted, but better to have applied and be rejected than to never have applied at all.
To be honest with such high competition, I felt that the rejection was coming, and the matter was when, not if.
Good luck to all other applicants!
Reply 944
Rejected, with the UKCAT score 802.5 and the IB score 42/45 (I'm a gap year student).

Best wishes to all of you guys who are still waiting!
And for those rejected - I hope you'll get somewhere else!
Cheers
Original post by Blayenne
Rejected, with the UKCAT score 802.5 and the IB score 42/45 (I'm a gap year student).

Best wishes to all of you guys who are still waiting!
And for those rejected - I hope you'll get somewhere else!
Cheers

Daaaayuum :/ if I'm not being too nosey would it be ok if you told us your SJT score and gcses please ? (Thanks, it might help us to assess where we stand :smile: )

Best of luck with your other choices, with stats like those I'm sure you'll get an offer :smile: we only need one after all ! :smile:
Reply 946
Original post by Dr. Django
Daaaayuum :/ if I'm not being too nosey would it be ok if you told us your SJT score and gcses please ? (Thanks, it might help us to assess where we stand :smile: )

Best of luck with your other choices, with stats like those I'm sure you'll get an offer :smile: we only need one after all ! :smile:

Band 1, no GCSES, I was doing International Baccalaureate. The required score is 38/45, I've got 42/45.
Reply 947
Have there been any scottish applicant rejections yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 948
Just rejected
(AS AAABB GCSEs 12 a*s ukcat 780 band 2 and am an English applicant for anyone interested)
Kind of felt it coming but still! Hopefully I'll get an offer from another med school, had 3 interviews so we'll see
Good luck to everyone else!!
Original post by sammy090
Just rejected
(AS AAABB GCSEs 12 a*s ukcat 780 band 2 and am an English applicant for anyone interested)
Kind of felt it coming but still! Hopefully I'll get an offer from another med school, had 3 interviews so we'll see
Good luck to everyone else!!

Sorry to hear that ..i hope you will surely get offers from more than 1 out of your 3 interviews . Wishing you the best ..!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does Edinburgh want from us?!?!?!
Have people been getting email notifications to let them know of a change in their application status? Or do we need to be checking Euclid?
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
What does Edinburgh want from us?!?!?!

Perfection... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 953
Just been rejected :frown: (international student). It was my top choice but I got into UCL, KCL, Manchester and Edinburgh all for biomedical sciences so now its a matter of where. Where is it easiest to then go to medical school after biomed? Is there any way of transferring once being in the program?
Reply 954
anyone got any offers today? And are they sending rejections as an e-mail with an attachment...because I've a mail in my inbox from Edinburgh with an attachment and haven't mustered up the courage to open it...:afraid:
Original post by priya2008
anyone got any offers today? And are they sending rejections as an e-mail with an attachment...because I've a mail in my inbox from Edinburgh with an attachment and haven't mustered up the courage to open it...:afraid:

As far as I'm aware no one has received an offer yet, and no one is likely to for the next month :s-smilie:

Good luck with the email x
Reply 956
Whenever I come onto this thread, I start shítting myself and immediately check euclid about 7 times until I calm down, what is life?
Reply 957
Original post by KerryMan
Whenever I come onto this thread, I start shítting myself and immediately check euclid about 7 times until I calm down, what is life?

Same. :redface:
Original post by KerryMan

I'm constantly bricking it too :s-smilie:

I think everyone with 28/34 or more is safe...for now!
Reply 959
Original post by Dr. Django
I'm constantly bricking it too :s-smilie:

I think everyone with 28/34 or more is safe...for now!

I reckon I've got 30/34 so I'm just shítting it a little bit. I HIGHLY doubt my PS will score 6/6 which pretty much means a rejection is on it's way but I've had 3/3 interview, so all is not lost!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending