The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KitKat123
this waiting is definitely not good for our health haha

The constant stream of rejections is what's doing it for me :tongue:

Each day the numbers are slowly dwindling !

I've even changed my email alert to 'suspense' to fit the mood :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
does anyone have any idea how many people have been rejected?
Original post by flosumner
does anyone have any idea how many people have been rejected?

Many. We don't know for sure but I'd be inclined to say around 2,000 as people have been told they are in the top 600!

Obviously my guess is based on the idea that they reject from lowest to highest...which I don't know to be true :tongue:

At the very least I'd say over half the applicants have now been rejected
Reply 1283
Original post by MrSupernova
I know (I think I might have had this conversation with you before :wink:); I was meaning "you" in general terms. Felt like a bit of a **** writing stuff like "one would" so... Plus if you'd done the test this year you'd probably have got a better score - I doubt everyone's smarter this year, the test must have got easier

Thought so (and yes we have:biggrin:) - but didn't want to come over as a grammar nazi. My thoughts on them skewing more to academics this year, is what the hell will they want from academics next year - UKCAT over 850?

I also don't want to come over as too negative, but I think with Edinburgh peeps do tend to under estimate what they are asking for - and many can't afford a wasted application.

Are you still in the running? If so, well done and good luck!
Unless it's an evening rejection slot there may not be a purge today :tongue:

...I bet I just jinxed myself though
So what are peoples' thoughts on the UKAT bandings then? I got 732.5 and band 1 SJT, will that likely be 2nd quartile?
Cheers
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1286
rejected!!! :/

EU applicant
French Baccalaureate (Scientific section), predicted average grade: 18.8/20 which is roughly equivalent to 3A*
UKCAT score: 695.8, SJT Band 1
(I guess my ukcat score was not high enough for Edinburgh.) I haven't asked for feedback yet, though.

Don't know whether I will reapply next year. Right now, I'm thinking of doing medicine in my country...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1287
Original post by tenormadness
So what are peoples' thoughts on the UKAT bandings then? I got 732.5 and band 1 SJT, will that likely be 2nd quartile?
Cheers

i got 720 and sjt 1 and im thinking i will be second quartile! hope it is good enough
Original post by tenormadness
Cheers

From people's feedbacks, I think the quartiles are >740 for top, and 700-740 for second.
Original post by Asklepios
From people's feedbacks, I think the quartiles are >740 for top, and 700-740 for second.

I was told that 750 was borderline for first...not sure if that's true though
Original post by Scottish cutie
I was told that 750 was borderline for first...not sure if that's true though

I wouldn't be surprised everyone did so well this year in UKCAtT depends on who applied to Edinburgh with what scores I suppose
Original post by mrtrellis
I wouldn't be surprised everyone did so well this year in UKCAtT depends on who applied to Edinburgh with what scores I suppose

Really annoying cause I have 750 and don't know where it would be

Pretty sure someone with 742.5 posted saying that they were 1st!

I think I was the one who suggested 750, it was only a conservative guesstimation as I didn't want to underpredict :tongue:!
Any rejected Scottish students willing to share stats?
Original post by Dr. Django
Pretty sure someone with 742.5 posted saying that they were 1st!

I think I was the one who suggested 750, it was only a conservative guesstimation as I didn't want to underpredict :tongue:!

Haha, well I hope you're right :smile:
Original post by peanutbutter18

Sure thing (I'm a re-applicant btw):
Highers - AAAAA (AA in 6th year)
Adv. Highers - AA
UKCAT 727.5 Band 2
Pheeeew, we've survived today's, and this week's(!), reaping!! :danceboy:
Original post by Scottasaurus
Sure thing (I'm a re-applicant btw):
Highers - AAAAA (AA in 6th year)
Adv. Highers - AA
UKCAT 727.5 Band 2

Thank you! They're really good stats, unlucky! I wish they would just reject me and put me outta my misery :frown:
Original post by peanutbutter18

Yeah, also a re-applicant.
Highers: AAAAB (AB sixth year)
Advanced: AA
Ukcat 730 band 1
Rejected yesterday, didn't expect to make it that far in the process! Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think KerryMan got 742.5 and that was 1st quartile :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending