The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
I lost the link to the selectors handbook again *flails* pls repost??

I had been avoiding counting my points, because grads only hear in March, be it an offer or a rejection, we don't have to go through thus awful process of feeling it may be a rejection every day, we know when the guillotine will fall. Now I kind of feel with a week left that I cant relax, I NEED TO COUNT
Reply 1341
Academic= 5/7 IB 40-45 3 points (highest earned), Degree 2.1 2 points (lost 2)

(Does anyone know is having a masters gives us an extra point!! I feel it should!)

Interview= ?/6

UKCAT= 4?/4 (I got 760)
SJT= 2?/3 (I got Band 2)

So it says /40 because there's 2 selectors... but one can assume that means (for me) 10 for Academic, 12 for UKCAT and SJT (guesses) and 10 at interview (guess, i felt it went very well). Meaning 32.... but that more than half of that is a total total guess....

Do we know about SJT/UKCAT? We def can't guess about interview, mystery
heyy, does anyone know when the last batch of rejections will come out? will they be out like at the same time all the offers hv been given??
Original post by cheekypig
heyy, does anyone know when the last batch of rejections will come out? will they be out like at the same time all the offers hv been given??

I think that's what happened last year, so I'd assume that aside from any more rejections that occur this week, the final batch will be amongst the offers :s-smilie:
Reply 1344

I don't know for sure but I'm under the impression the last rejections will be at the same time as the offers and that they'll all be given within a few days at the beginning of March
Original post by Dr. Django
I think that's what happened last year, so I'd assume that aside from any more rejections that occur this week, the final batch will be amongst the offers :s-smilie:

Original post by eissem
I don't know for sure but I'm under the impression the last rejections will be at the same time as the offers and that they'll all be given within a few days at the beginning of March

Can't get too hopeful after all ;_;
Original post by -Neuro-
Can't get too hopeful after all ;_;

Just saying what happened last year! Don't want any false hope!!! Hopefully this week isn't another mass onslaught of rejections :s-smilie:
Just saying what happened last year! Don't want any false hope!!! Hopefully this week isn't another mass onslaught of rejections :s-smilie:

Oh no, I was talking about Edinburgh building up candidates right till the very last second before letting them down! :redface: I hope not either :s-smilie:

Maybe people did get rejections but none of them happened to be on TSR?....
Original post by -Neuro-
Oh no, I was talking about Edinburgh building up candidates right till the very last second before letting them down! :redface: I hope not either :s-smilie:

Maybe people did get rejections but none of them happened to be on TSR?....

Ah yes, that would be horrible :frown:

o.O very true, after all there aren't that many of us on here :s-smilie:

The tension...it's rising :wink:
You know what, I think I should stop being hopeful and be realistic instead. Getting a band 3 for my SJT is already a sign that it's rather impossible to me to enter Edinburgh. Good luck guys!
*for me
Reply 1351
Original post by Yummy4321
You know what, I think I should stop being hopeful and be realistic instead. Getting a band 3 for my SJT is already a sign that it's rather impossible to me to enter Edinburgh. Good luck guys!

Hello there :P
No news means good news

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1352

Last year my rejection came AFTER Edinburgh tweeted that they were about to issue their offers, and literally minutes before the offers were issued.
Reply 1353
How many people are still in the game? (Like this comment if ur still waiting)
Original post by micoshea

cheeky rep whore :wink:
Original post by HCubed
Last year my rejection came AFTER Edinburgh tweeted that they were about to issue their offers, and literally minutes before the offers were issued.

That is pure evil.
Original post by micoshea

You're never going to get an accurate number from this. Only a small proportion of people use TSR. They say on twitter that they are all fee statuses are receiving rejections on an ongoing basis. I guess we're all scared to ask them how many they've processed so far.
Original post by Medical student7
You're never going to get an accurate number from this. Only a small proportion of people use TSR. They say on twitter that they are all fee statuses are receiving rejections on an ongoing basis. I guess we're all scared to ask them how many they've processed so far.

I don't think they were expecting to get 900 reps or whatever it would be :tongue: They just wanted to know how many people were left IN THIS THREAD!

Go for it mate, ask them!
I don't think they were expecting to get 900 reps or whatever it would be :tongue: They just wanted to know how many people were left IN THIS THREAD!

I'm much of a coward. Anyone brave enough?

I'd be surprised if they told us - bet it'll be a 'we aren't 100% sure on numbers' type of response

Quick Reply

Latest