The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yesiwasdrunk
Haha, thanks, not really sure how I lucked into a score that high tbh! But I was hoping it'd pull up my score with Edinburgh but clearly not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think it could be all luck! I think the issue is that they have set bands, so whether you are one mark into band 1 or whether you have 900; it's all the same:frown: a pain but what can you do. Have you any offers from elsewhere?
No problem :smile:
GCSEs: 7A*, 2A, 1 C
AS: AAAA + A in EPQ
A2 predictions: A*A*A
UKCAT 842.5, SJT band 2

Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shame to here you got rejected :frown: good luck with your other choices!!

Btw you have won the award for the best ukcat score I've ever seen :biggrin:
Original post by londonmedapp
Does anyone have the email address for feedback?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Admissions office - [email protected]

GCSEs: 7A*, 2A, 1 C
AS: AAAA + A in EPQ
A2 predictions: A*A*A
UKCAT 842.5, SJT band 2

****ETY ****! :afraid:
Original post by KitKat123
It really annoys me how edinburgh do it - it just feels so so unfair rejecting a few people every day. They should hand out all offers/rejections on the same day

This is crazy! Our rejections could already have been sent to UCAS :s

The day by day drop in numbers is so much more tense than a set day as you can't even prepare yourself :tongue:
Original post by -Neuro-
****ETY ****! :afraid:

It's incredible isn't it. D A Y U M
Original post by Dr. Django
Shame to here you got rejected :frown: good luck with your other choices!!

Btw you have won the award for the best ukcat score I've ever seen :biggrin:

Don't think it could be all luck! I think the issue is that they have set bands, so whether you are one mark into band 1 or whether you have 900; it's all the same:frown: a pain but what can you do. Have you any offers from elsewhere?

thanks to you both, it's cheering me up hearing such nice things!
and yeah, KitKat I've actually got offers from all of my other 3 choices so i'm still in an amazing position even without ediburgh!

good luck to everyone on here, such a lovely thread :smile:
and yeah, KitKat I've actually got offers from all of my other 3 choices so i'm still in an amazing position even without ediburgh!

You are set then! I am very jealous

:smile: Oh wow you're doing insanely then!! If I remember correctly you are a fellow Leeds offer holder, so I may be joining you :wink: Where are you thinking of firming?
:smile: Oh wow you're doing insanely then!! If I remember correctly you are a fellow Leeds offer holder, so I may be joining you :wink: Where are you thinking of firming?

It's a close call between Sheffield and Leeds, but I think Sheffield might be my choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on your 3 other offers! :biggrin: I am also seriously 'mirin that UKCAT score of your! :adore:

Slightly off topic but is your username a reference to a Twin Atlantic song? :colondollar:
It's a close call between Sheffield and Leeds, but I think Sheffield might be my choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both are awesome, well done!! Shame about Edinburgh :frown: but at least the waiting is over now and you have overcome the demon that is UCAS :biggrin: !!
This is crazy! Our rejections could already have been sent to UCAS :s

The day by day drop in numbers is so much more tense than a set day as you can't even prepare yourself :tongue:

Okay so now I'm on the verge of tears... I am definitely getting rejected, why are they being so cruel. I just want them to tell me so I can get over it. They should reject and offer everyone on the same day and tell us in advance so it's not just constantly checking emails for a surprise rejection.
It is indeed! The result of signing up to tsr with music playing and a lack of imagination :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both are awesome, well done!! Shame about Edinburgh :frown: but at least the waiting is over now and you have overcome the demon that is UCAS :biggrin: !!

Yeah, having all my replies is such a relief, the waiting is truly horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peanutbutter18
Okay so now I'm on the verge of tears... I am definitely getting rejected, why are they being so cruel. I just want them to tell me so I can get over it. They should reject and offer everyone on the same day and tell us in advance so it's not just constantly checking emails for a surprise rejection.

:frown: didn't mean to upset you :tongue:!!

You're still in the game so you're doing well :smile: KEEP THE FAITH!! It is indeed tough waiting and not knowing whether this will be the day of your decision, but all we can do is wait and try and keep it from our minds...easier said than done :wink: Good luck, I'm sure you'll be celebrating your offer soon enough :biggrin:

You haven't been rejected yet which is good going - stay positive; nothing you can do now:smile: best of luck

My careers advisor said that although unis say they don't talk to one another, in reality they know if you have offers from elsewhere and sometimes won't offer you a place if they know you're already in elsewhere. So it may just have been that they contacted other unis to see if they had given you an offer and since they had, they rejected you in place of admitting someone who was more likely to take the offer up. Know it's still a bummer but it's possible you were actually too good for them ahah! Congrats on your other offers buddy!
My careers advisor said that although unis say they don't talk to one another, in reality they know if you have offers from elsewhere and sometimes won't offer you a place if they know you're already in elsewhere. So it may just have been that they contacted other unis to see if they had given you an offer and since they had, they rejected you in place of admitting someone who was more likely to take the offer up. Know it's still a bummer but it's possible you were actually too good for them ahah! Congrats on your other offers buddy!

I've heard this too but not sure what i think about it.

I've heard this too but not sure what i think about it.

Personally I don;t think this is true, I think it's just a rumour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending