The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

hey guys is Biomedicine a safer route than foundation year medicine? :biggrin:
L
Original post by biwcymru
Owww just been rejected :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that :frown: did you hear from track or the portal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1602
Original post by dadiamondz
L

Sorry to hear that :frown: did you hear from track or the portal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ucas Track. What's the e-mail for feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by biwcymru
Ucas Track. What's the e-mail for feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile

[email protected]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1605
anyone got feedback for internationals yet? for todays rejections.
Damn today is a massacre :frown:

Sorry to hear you guys have been rejected, good luck with your other applications :smile:
Anyone with a twitter account up for asking if offers are coming out this week? I don't have one :/
Home student rejection! (should have good at 34/34 on non-personal statement side of things, must have messed up my personal statement pretty badly...)
Original post by cocochannel1
Home student rejection! (should have good at 34/34 on non-personal statement side of things, must have messed up my personal statement pretty badly...)

Dayum, I feel for you, but it doesn't necessarily mean your PS was bad, you only get a point for each criteria if you are in the top 35% for that attribute (which is darn nutty!!) So your PS could be in the top 40% for each attribute yet you could get 'zero' for it if you know what I mean?

Anyway, good luck with your other choices, with the academic stats you have I'm sure you'll have no problems :wink:
Original post by Dr. Django
Anyone with a twitter account up for asking if offers are coming out this week? I don't have one :/

Someone asked:smile: they must be down to their last 450-500 if people with 34/34 are being rejected now:frown:
Original post by KitKat123
Someone asked:smile: they must be down to their last 450-500 if people with 34/34 are being rejected now:frown:

SAWEEEEEET! Hopefully they have time to respond, although they must be pretty busy as offers appear to be coming soon!

Yeah they must be getting mighty close now :s-smilie: Next couple of days I would have thought! Good luck Kit Kat
Reply 1612
Rejected.

Only 1 university left now, and if that's a rejection too, then I'm out of the game for Medicine this year :frown: wish they could have just rejected me earlier, sucks getting to March thinking you have a chance and then it's snatched from right under you :'(

Oh well, good luck to the rest of you, with Edinburgh and all your other options xx
Original post by MicheeO
Rejected.

Only 1 university left now, and if that's a rejection too, then I'm out of the game for Medicine this year :frown: wish they could have just rejected me earlier, sucks getting to March thinking you have a chance and then it's snatched from right under you :'(

Oh well, good luck to the rest of you, with Edinburgh and all your other options xx

1 University left is better that none left - all you need is one offer remember:smile: i hope it works out for you - best of luck
Original post by Dr. Django
SAWEEEEEET! Hopefully they have time to respond, although they must be pretty busy as offers appear to be coming soon!

Yeah they must be getting mighty close now :s-smilie: Next couple of days I would have thought! Good luck Kit Kat

I'll let you know if they respond! good luck to you too - im so on edge waiting eek
Original post by MicheeO
Rejected.

Oh man that's brutal, :frown: hope you get the last one. If you don't mind me asking what are your stats and are you a home student?
Reply 1616
Original post by KitKat123
1 University left is better that none left - all you need is one offer remember:smile: i hope it works out for you - best of luck

Cheers :smile: I reeeaaaaalllly need that one!
Reply 1617
Original post by jedimindtricks
Oh man that's brutal, :frown: hope you get the last one. If you don't mind me asking what are your stats and are you a home student?

Yeah, sure... I'm a home student, and my stats are:

GCSE: 6A* 4A
AS: AAAAB
A2 predicted: A*A*AA
UKCAT: 750
SJT: Band 1

Tbh I really think it's my non academic that let me down big time, and maybe the <7A* too. I've just requested feedback so I'm not 100% sure of where I stood amongst other applicants, but yeah... Good luck to you if you're still in the runnings, I'll let you know when I get my feedback :smile:
Reply 1618
I haven't heard anything from edinburgh, other than a we have received your application, so to those who have been rejected have you been getting regular emails? I'm thinking I got rejected ages ago and they haven't managed to tell me....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MicheeO
Yeah, sure... I'm a home student, and my stats are:

GCSE: 6A* 4A
AS: AAAAB
A2 predicted: A*A*AA
UKCAT: 750
SJT: Band 1

Tbh I really think it's my non academic that let me down big time, and maybe the <7A* too. I've just requested feedback so I'm not 100% sure of where I stood amongst other applicants, but yeah... Good luck to you if you're still in the runnings, I'll let you know when I get my feedback :smile:

Oh okay thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending