The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I flipping hate how edinburgh do their offers/rejections - now i'm left in limbo not knowing whats happening.. Are all offers handed out then?
Reply 1681
I think offers will still be handed out, this is what they said on their twitter 2 weeks ago
Capture.JPG
Original post by KitKat123
I flipping hate how edinburgh do their offers/rejections - now i'm left in limbo not knowing whats happening.. Are all offers handed out then?

Doubt it - pretty sure there will be more later today and tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awky waiting now. *Twiddles thumbs and refreshes emails*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
Doubt it - pretty sure there will be more later today and tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry - I know I am prob just being overdramatic but I'm stressed bc they are my first choice
Sorry - I know I am prob just being overdramatic but I'm stressed bc they are my first choice

My take on it is - they've rejected anyone outside the top 350 or so, and given offers to the top 200 or so. And are just going over the more borderline cases!

I can't remember exactly, but last year I am pretty sure offers were made after the main day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love waiting
Original post by Dr. Django
I love waiting

Checked last years thread and they had another batch of offers/rejections at 4pm-ish on the main offer day so we might still hear today
Checked last years thread and they had another batch of offers/rejections at 4pm-ish on the main offer day so we might still hear today

Dayum, thanks for the info! It's gonna be a tense wait although I'm not too hopeful!! I doubt they've given all their offers yet but as you said, we are very much in limbo right now :tongue:
Good luck today and congratulations to everyone with an offer (and for those without remember it's not the end of your medical careers - there are many of options). For those with offers it's time to **** work for one day and celebrate! If any of you have any more questions about your first year stuff (course related or not) feel free to ask me! Well done and have a great day
Original post by gryffindorgal
Anyone else been nervously refreshing their emails for the last 3 minutes?

Haha for the last 6 hours more like

I hear you :tongue:

Do you reckon they'll be cruel enough to leave us hanging overnight? :tongue:
Original post by LFFFF
Congrat! what were your ukcat scores?

810 band 1 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So true- I think my finger is stuck to the f5 key!
I hear you :tongue:

Do you reckon they'll be cruel enough to leave us hanging overnight? :tongue:

Yep hahaha
Original post by LFFFF
Congrat! what were your ukcat scores?

Mine was 737.5 :redface: Nowhere near as high as most of the people on here! :colondollar:

Well done!! You Should be very proud :smile: Edinburgh is insanely competitive so you've done incredibly

Thank you so much! :colondollar: This was my first offer and I was honestly losing all hope of getting in anywhere :redface: You've bagged an offer already and given your insane UKCAT and grades I think you'll get an offer from the Burgh too! :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
comeee onnnn edinburgh:frown:
5-5:30 was when they were updating people over the last couple of week wasn't it?

PLEASE SAY THERE ARE SOME OFFERS LEFT!!!!!!
I GOT AN OFFER!!
I'm an EU applicant and my offer came in around 10am, overwhelmed with happiness!
For anyone that hasn't heard anything keep the faith and good luck :biggrin:
Original post by gryffindorgal
Looks like I'm going to be glued to my computer for the next 45 minutes then... This is so scary!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear :smile:

I'm scared too, been scared since 10am haha!!! Good luck, surely not long to wait now :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending