The Student Room Group

A-level results- What do you think you got?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnimeCrazy
Same.. Two more days left, and I'm seriously having nightmares every day.

I love how everyone think they know what they got, since my January exam I've learnt not to predict anything any more. For my Law I was expecting an E got a B one of a A which was shock and Sociology I was expecting an A.... Got an E.... As you can see I've never bothered again to predict.

English Lit and Lang, I want a B. I got a C for my coursework. One of a B.. Hopefully my teacher bumped it up a mark. and I got a D for my Exam in Jan but I retook it.. So if worse comes to worse I still got a C... but want a B.

So I REALLY want is ABB... but lol I'm not pushing it.

Completely agree. I was predicted an E in maths and assumed I'd got that then came out with an A in the exam I sat which was a huge shock to me and my teacher! Then again, my biology teacher predicted me an A, I thought I'd gotten it too then the result said I just BARELY scraped a B. They're so unpredictable.
Reply 201
A/B, C, D and a C in my EPQ. Not what I needed..
BBBC or lower.
CCC
UUUU.
AS:

English Literature: A
History: A/B
Art: A
English Language: A
Original post by MichaelB6
I don't understand how everyone is so confident lol. I'm already dying of embarrassment because I know I've failed. >.>

Predicted:
A* in English Literature
A in English Language
B in Classical Civilizations

What I'm sure I've got:

B in English Literature
B in English Language
D in Classical Civilizations.

This year just went tits up. My English Language teacher randomly turned round in May and said 'By the way, your coursework wasn't good and it's been graded as D', after telling me the entire year it was A grade. Classics was just as bad, I went into the Roman exam and literally thought 'da faq, I haven't heard of any of these people' lol.

And don't even get me started on AQA English Literature. They are the most erratic markers in the history of exams. I've seen an A* grade, Oxford accepted student get a C from them, had it remarked and it went up to A*. Are they drunk when they mark or? >_>. But yeah, no confidence in them what so ever. So even if I thought I did well in the exam, I'd still be worried about getting a C. o_O

So yeah, bad year, bad day on Thursday and another year of my life wasted doing retakes. Wooo.

Well... I mostly took subjects where the marking is not subjective and with the exception of Further Maths I'd already completed a large number of units very well so could do badly and still come out with good grades. You took subjects where the marking is subjective and where it's hard to tell if you've done well or not because the marking can vary wildly at times. Hence you're not too confident while I'm fairly confident :smile:
AAAB (Bio, Chem, Maths and Physics) Dropped physics now, so so so hope i get those grades :s-smilie:
Reply 208
Need AAB, but I think I've got ABC :frown:
Original post by Aries1992
No idea but anything higher than ABB and I won't slap myself in the face (too much).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ABC :frown:

But still got accepted to my firm :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have ABB, but I am only 2 ums away from an A in both Bs, is it worth getting a remark? My gran and stepdad have given me 84 pound to pay for the remarks but I don't want to feel guilty if the papers come back and the marks have not changed. I have met the conditions for my uni, but I think my family want me to have three As because of the money my uni gives to people who have achieved AAA. As I am staying at home, I'm trying to find the money to pay for my car insurance to travel to uni, the money from AAA would pay it straight off..
Reply 211
Original post by Abbseh
I'm awaiting my AS results!
I'm hoping for AAAB but I'm a little worried that I'll get BBBB as all the unis I genuinely want to go to are AAA-AAB :frown:

Basically:
I want AAAB
I think I'll probably get BBBB

Bit of a bummer on this one :'(

I managed to get BBCC which is appalling to me... The only hope I have is that one B was very nearly an A and one C only that because of a stupid ISA! I'm just going to pretend in my head I got ABBC ahaha

The C is in biology so it doesn't count.
I think I got a tiny slip with some random distinct As and some numbers. The paper was not hard (could readily .be folded)
Now the real question is What results did you really get? I hope everyone got what they predicted or higher :biggrin:
Reply 214
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Now the real question is What results did you really get? I hope everyone got what they predicted or higher :biggrin:

4As I predicted history wrongly (on the first page) :biggrin:
Reply 215
Original post by JennaEmBee
I have ABB, but I am only 2 ums away from an A in both Bs, is it worth getting a remark? My gran and stepdad have given me 84 pound to pay for the remarks but I don't want to feel guilty if the papers come back and the marks have not changed. I have met the conditions for my uni, but I think my family want me to have three As because of the money my uni gives to people who have achieved AAA. As I am staying at home, I'm trying to find the money to pay for my car insurance to travel to uni, the money from AAA would pay it straight off..

Get it remarked its worth a try, even if marks don't change at least you know.
Original post by mariya101
Get it remarked its worth a try, even if marks don't change at least you know.

Hey :smile: yep I did it, ordered two priority remarks :smile: mam said it'd be daft not to bet £84 on £3000 or £2000 haha.
Original post by JennaEmBee
Hey :smile: yep I did it, ordered two priority remarks :smile: mam said it'd be daft not to bet £84 on £3000 or £2000 haha.

Sounds like good advice. Hope you get it. :smile: Which uni and course are you doing?
Original post by Kutie Karen
Sounds like good advice. Hope you get it. :smile: Which uni and course are you doing?

Thanks :smile: I'm doing English language and TEFL at Swansea.

Quick Reply

Latest