The Student Room Group

What should I do if I have to go before the class has finished?

I have a module that finishes at 5:00 pm, but then I have basketball that starts at 5:00 pm too, so I was thinking of just going a bit earlier from class. Do you think the lecturer would be disappointed with me and that would affect my grades? Should I tell him or just go?
How far have you got to go? At my uni, we have 10 minutes between each lecture to get where we need to be anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
How far have you got to go? At my uni, we have 10 minutes between each lecture to get where we need to be anyway.

It would be nice to have 10 minutes, I don't think it would take me much more time to get to basketball.
I hope we have those minutes at the University of Leeds. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by loganspenser
I have a module that finishes at 5:00 pm, but then I have basketball that starts at 5:00 pm too, so I was thinking of just going a bit earlier from class. Do you think the lecturer would be disappointed with me and that would affect my grades? Should I tell him or just go?

Have they told you your timetable?
Reply 4
Original post by emmajade95
Have they told you your timetable?

Yes, of course, it's online. That's why I'm now a bit worried about this. But as I said, if they give us ten minutes there would be no problem at all.
Discuss it with BOTH your lecturer and coach - together if that's possible. It's common sense and also courteous. I'm sure a compromise can be reached, for instance: you may be able to leave 5 minutes early from one and start the other a little later? Or you may be allowed to alternate your start/finish times.

If they cannot reach a compromise, take the issue up with Human Resources or the equivalent. They are there to help sort out such situations.

If you choose to leave the lecture early without discussing this with your lecturer first, you may be summoned to an interview to explain why! It will probably be seen as disruptive (i.e. other students will still be concentrating and they may make a complaint) and besides, it's simply bad manners. You may also miss out on lecture note hand out's or all important coursework etc. And then there's the possibility that the lecturer could be giving a vital plenary summation which you will miss out on.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending