The Student Room Group

Careers in Sciences

I will soon be starting college, I would like to know some of the career paths I could go into with sciences.
List me as many as you can please and rate them in your opinion.
So there's medicine and geology that i've been looking into.
For AS I'll be doing:
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
Mathematics

Thanks in advance:tsr:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine is the obvious one, but it's so majorly competitive and so much hard work would you really want to do it?

I'd suggest a career in engineering, the industry is booming especially for female engineers. Career prospects are amazing and the pay is pretty good too.

If you wanted to stay in education then a science degree like Chemistry, Biology or even Biomedical science would be ideal because it would provide a direct route to a PhD. If you're a UK citizen then you usually get paid between 16-20k tax free for 3 years before starting an actual job.

The best advice I can give is that you work your damn hardest in your first year of A-levels and if you get those 3-4 A/A*'s then the degree world is at your fingertips. :smile:

Hope that helps :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Fizle_2_Bizle
Medicine is the obvious one, but it's so majorly competitive and so much hard work would you really want to do it?

I'd suggest a career in engineering, the industry is booming especially for female engineers. Career prospects are amazing and the pay is pretty good too.

If you wanted to stay in education then a science degree like Chemistry, Biology or even Biomedical science would be ideal because it would provide a direct route to a PhD. If you're a UK citizen then you usually get paid between 16-20k tax free for 3 years before starting an actual job.

The best advice I can give is that you work your damn hardest in your first year of A-levels and if you get those 3-4 A/A*'s then the degree world is at your fingertips. :smile:

Hope that helps :biggrin:

Thank you so much for the help! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest