The Student Room Group

my boyfriend never wants sex when I insinuate it?

Obviously it makes me feel horrible about myself. Whats wrong with me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*Initiate* sorry
Reply 2
It might be something to do with him... Maybe he's nervous
Reply 3
odd :lolwut:
Reply 4
Have you spoken to him about this? It could be a variety of reasons. Is he stressed or going through a difficult time...?
As above; it could just be him?
Reply 6
Well give a bit more info has he had sexual experiences with past gfs or is he a virgin?
what kind of guy is he?

he may not be ready or shy but there could be quite a few reasons but its hard to say.
but dont feel bad about yourself it's unlikely your fault :smile:

edit: OMG why the neg???
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
He says he's tired or just not in the mood which is obviously understandable. But its every single time I try. It always has to be on his terms. And even then it feels like its only because there's no one else. Does that make sense?
Reply 8
Sorry for posting twice but we've been together almost 2 year so its not shyness
Reply 9
oh yeah that makes perfect sense.

you need to talk to him though.
Reply 10
If you haven't talked to him about it there isn't much we can do.
Reply 11
It has many reason.he is not like it or he has any sexual disorder or he has not much energy for it or he is not like you or he has weak health.
Reply 12
I have mentioned it and he'll deny he does it and change the subject
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Obviously it makes me feel horrible about myself. Whats wrong with me?

Maybe it's not because of you.

The lack of desire for sex in a relationship shows there is some problem..

Besides sex how is your relationship?Are you happy together?Or do you argue often?

Is he ok with sex?Maybe he doesn;t have experience and he feels some stress about it or he is embarassed about it?You know it happens to very young people
Is his sex drive lower than yours? Or do you initiate it about as much or less than he does? How do you initiate it? As in, do you say something, or do you start being flirty and physical, or what? Does he always just say no or does he sometimes go along with it?

It could just be that when he's not in the mood, he's just not. Going to generalise here, but this is usually found in reverse; that guys have girlfriends that are often not in the mood when they are. It's pretty hard to guess though, it could be so many things. The fact that he denies it is interesting though, how exactly does he do that? Does he say he does go along along with it when he actually doesn't?
Reply 15
Could be a control issue. Could be tired and or stressed.
I'm a guy who often rejects GF when she initiates sex and I know it makes her feel horrible. The problem is the way she initiates it. She'll come up to me and immediately start fondling around and implying that I need to be doing certain things and I find the whole experience crass, rigid, forced and generally not sexy in the slightest. These days she has learned to play hard to get a bit, and when she wants sex now she'll usually tease a little and make me feel like I want to chase her. I guess it is the thrill of the chase I still enjoy.

Obviously this may not be the case with your boyfriend, but my advice would be to experiment with different approaches to initiating sex until you find one which he likes.
Reply 17
Original post by kkovots
Maybe it's not because of you.

The lack of desire for sex in a relationship shows there is some problem..

Besides sex how is your relationship?Are you happy together?Or do you argue often?

Is he ok with sex?Maybe he doesn;t have experience and he feels some stress about it or he is embarassed about it?You know it happens to very young people

We bicker but very rarely argue properly and he's not really the type to get shy about that sort of stuff.

Original post by desdemonata
Is his sex drive lower than yours? Or do you initiate it about as much or less than he does? How do you initiate it? As in, do you say something, or do you start being flirty and physical, or what? Does he always just say no or does he sometimes go along with it?

It could just be that when he's not in the mood, he's just not. Going to generalise here, but this is usually found in reverse; that guys have girlfriends that are often not in the mood when they are. It's pretty hard to guess though, it could be so many things. The fact that he denies it is interesting though, how exactly does he do that? Does he say he does go along along with it when he actually doesn't?

I get flirty and physical. He'll deny it by just saying its ridiculous and then change the subject.

Original post by Michaelj
Could be a control issue. Could be tired and or stressed.

Control issue?

I'm a guy who often rejects GF when she initiates sex and I know it makes her feel horrible. The problem is the way she initiates it. She'll come up to me and immediately start fondling around and implying that I need to be doing certain things and I find the whole experience crass, rigid, forced and generally not sexy in the slightest. These days she has learned to play hard to get a bit, and when she wants sex now she'll usually tease a little and make me feel like I want to chase her. I guess it is the thrill of the chase I still enjoy.

Obviously this may not be the case with your boyfriend, but my advice would be to experiment with different approaches to initiating sex until you find one which he likes.

I could literally strip in front off him and he wouldn't take his eyes off his phone
I get flirty and physical. He'll deny it by just saying its ridiculous and then change the subject.

Hm.

Next time you try, and he says no, stop, point out what has just happened, and talk to him about it and ask him why. There's really no way for us to know. Clearly there's something he doesn't want to discuss, so I'd be careful in how you say things and trying not to appear confrontational or like you're blaming for something. Just ask politely why, or if he even knows why. Explain why you need to discuss it because of how it makes you feel.

Relationships are give and take. He can't expect you to always be up for it when he wants it but to reject you whenever the tables are turned, and on top of that not even discuss it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Talk to him about it. It is possible he likes to be for lack of a better word the dominant one. So maybe its a control thing and he just loves initiating things. But you'd need to talk to him to find out.
Hope all goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending