The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MOHSINM31
I believe 21st March is the last interview date. So when do 'most rejections go out'? That will be in march.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thanks, I dont have to worry TOO soon!
Original post by RadioheadHermie
Its only 15% UKCAT remember its not a cutoff like newcastle

I was talking about the preinterview cutoffs, It does seem really high since there are people with 680 getting straight rejections!
Reply 462
Original post by peanutbutter18
How much is the interview worth overall, 50%?

I think it's 20%
Reply 463
Original post by coultra1
I think it's 20%

Hey, I think I remember you saying you had an interview on the same day as me, the 17th. How did you find it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 464
Original post by KerryMan
Hey, I think I remember you saying you had an interview on the same day as me, the 17th. How did you find it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, yes I did :smile: Hmm, I'm not sure how it went to be honest. I managed to answer most of the questions, but when it came to the article.. :eek: I just got in a complete muddle and couldn't find the words to say what I wanted to say! However, the interviewers were lovely and it felt so relaxed and well organised - it's the first interview I've had where everything ran to time! How about yourself?
Reply 465
Yeah, I feel the same pretty much. I felt the article was my strong point though. I really fumbled about at the beginning :/ which really annoyed me. But yeah, they were all super nice and relaxed. What time were you on? Maybe I saw you. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 466
Original post by KerryMan
Yeah, I feel the same pretty much. I felt the article was my strong point though. I really fumbled about at the beginning :/ which really annoyed me. But yeah, they were all super nice and relaxed. What time were you on? Maybe I saw you. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully we've both done better than we think :redface: I was at 3:30, you?
Original post by Medic applicant
Sorry to say but they do operate a cutoff. They don't really tell you that when you are thinking of applying. The cutoff comes in to play when they decide who they are going to interview. The 15% ukcat weighting only applies to post-interview scoring.

Sorry I misunderstood what I had read then! Thank you! What I meant though was the interview offer being solely focused on UKCAT. Thank you though!
Reply 468
Hopefully we've both done better than we think :redface: I was at 3:30, you?

I was 3.55 so I probably saw you. :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey can someone fill me in? Can't be bothered reading back through the thread :L
Have many people had interviews/ rejections yet?
Havent heard anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Somebody503
Hey can someone fill me in? Can't be bothered reading back through the thread :L
Have many people had interviews/ rejections yet?
Havent heard anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm you can't really tell, people are more likely to say I have an interview that I don't have an interview
Reply 471
Does anyone know how much it costs to travel by bus from Leuchars to St. Andrews (return ticket) ? :smile:
Reply 472
Original post by meurge
Does anyone know how much it costs to travel by bus from Leuchars to St. Andrews (return ticket) ? :smile:

£5
Reply 473
Original post by Ceryni
£5

Reply 474
St. Andrews uses the personal statement during interviews right and they also teach the course in a spiral structure? Can anyone confirm this, thanks.
Reply 475
Original post by Chi-
St. Andrews uses the personal statement during interviews right and they also teach the course in a spiral structure? Can anyone confirm this, thanks.

Yes and yes. Both my interviewers had my personal statement in front of them, and it says in the prospectus and online that they use a spiral structure. :smile:
Reply 476
Yes and yes. Both my interviewers had my personal statement in front of them, and it says in the prospectus and online that they use a spiral structure. :smile:

Alright, thanks!
Yeah online it says that in second year they go over some of the stuff taught in first year but wasn't fully sure. Glad that's cleared up.
Reply 477
Don't know if anyone was interested in the Bart's route but I emailed Medical School Admissions regarding the possibility of applying for the Bart's route and they have replied saying at this moment in time they do not know if Bart's will have spare spaces as last year that was the case. Also there is possibility to change routes later on eg second year but this is only if there are spare places again.
Hope this helps/makes sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are interview dates going into March, so don't worry if you haven't got an invite yet btw
INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20th Feb, just got an email!!!!!!!

this made my day!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending