The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RadioheadHermie

Congratulations!!

If you don't mind me asking what are your stats and when were you interviewed?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by M3menTo M0r1
Congratulations!!

If you don't mind me asking what are your stats and when were you interviewed?

Stats in sig and my interview was 6th December. Over the moon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did nobody else get an offer today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did nobody else get an offer today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah about an hour and a half ago :smile:
Reply 745
Original post by -Neuro-
Yup, they've introduced conditions for Scottish candidates too! Mines are 2 B's :biggrin:

That's weird, I wonder why you got BB and I got AB.
Reply 746
I've got an offer for the Barts pathway. Slightly disappointed (I applied for the Scottish pathway), but still happy. They haven't given me any conditions yet though- is this normal? And they said only 10 people were on it last year so am I going to be a guinea pig?
Reply 747
Original post by meilegg
I've got an offer for the Barts pathway. Slightly disappointed (I applied for the Scottish pathway), but still happy. They haven't given me any conditions yet though- is this normal? And they said only 10 people were on it last year so am I going to be a guinea pig?

So jellllll I wanted Bart's :frown: I'm on Manc, swap? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 748
Original post by lecamel
So jellllll I wanted Bart's :frown: I'm on Manc, swap? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what Barts is like? I'm so worried because I don't know an awful lot about it. And congrats on getting an offer! Are you firming?
If we're on the manchester route are we guaranteed to do our clinical years in manchester or is there a chance we'll be going to preston?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 750
Original post by meilegg
Do you know what Barts is like? I'm so worried because I don't know an awful lot about it. And congrats on getting an offer! Are you firming?

Well I didn't want to apply for first year undergrad cos it's not on a proper campus and medics are a bit isolated as well as teaching style being PBL, but all that is kind of irrelevant during clinical years cos you'll be round on placement a lot of the time :smile: it's in London though, which is a mahoosive bonus if you ask me! Congrats to you too :biggrin:D yes I'm firming, are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Always knew youd get in, I had no doubt!
Reply 752
Well done everybody!
Reply 753
Original post by lecamel
Well I didn't want to apply for first year undergrad cos it's not on a proper campus and medics are a bit isolated as well as teaching style being PBL, but all that is kind of irrelevant during clinical years cos you'll be round on placement a lot of the time :smile: it's in London though, which is a mahoosive bonus if you ask me! Congrats to you too :biggrin:D yes I'm firming, are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I am! And I'm sure I'll be a lot happier once I do some research. Hopefully we'll see each other in September!
Wish they'd give out all the decisions already, feels like we've been waiting ages! Has anyone who applied for either route heard anything??
Reply 755
Original post by meilegg
Yes, I am! And I'm sure I'll be a lot happier once I do some research. Hopefully we'll see each other in September!

Woooh! :smile: Yes, I'm sure we shall, hopefully a fb page gets started soon too! Can't wait for uni haha (probably cos I am a reapplicant and it was a long time coming... :P)
Original post by Affliction
If we're on the manchester route are we guaranteed to do our clinical years in manchester or is there a chance we'll be going to preston?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Preston is included with Manchester so yeah there's a chance you can end up there, not sure on the specific numbers though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive got st andews left to hear from. Apart from this im on all rejections. Anybody got any advice to cope with the long wait? I am feeling really nervous that Im gonna get my fourth rejection.
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Ive got st andews left to hear from. Apart from this im on all rejections. Anybody got any advice to cope with the long wait? I am feeling really nervous that Im gonna get my fourth rejection.

Chill my interview was a nightmare, I'm English and haven't achieved my grades yet. It will work out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex

Stay positive! :smile: If you do get a rejection tho take a year out to improve you application and re-apply , don't give up! I am a re-applicant and I got my first offer from St Andrews this week, all of the hard work has really payed off, 3 people from my school did the same and have also all been offered places this year, gap years work! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending