The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by futuremedic95
Stay positive! :smile: If you do get a rejection tho take a year out to improve you application and re-apply , don't give up! I am a re-applicant and I got my first offer from St Andrews this week, all of the hard work has really payed off, 3 people from my school did the same and have also all been offered places this year, gap years work! :biggrin:

Original post by RadioheadHermie
Chill my interview was a nightmare, I'm English and haven't achieved my grades yet. It will work out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by futuremedic95
Stay positive! :smile: If you do get a rejection tho take a year out to improve you application and re-apply , don't give up! I am a re-applicant and I got my first offer from St Andrews this week, all of the hard work has really payed off, 3 people from my school did the same and have also all been offered places this year, gap years work! :biggrin:

Cheers :smile: I just dont want to restart the application cycle all over again considering how much work I have put in this year!
Reply 761
Congratulations to all of you with offers. A Facebook page will be made for you by the bute medical society ASAP, but we are currently on a 2 week spring break. Will see if I can get them to open it ASAP!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 762
Ok, here you go! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1408852739376142/ St Andrews medic Freshers 2014
Your very own Facebook page. Always think before posting, you are medical students now! Enjoy!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by polldoll
Ok, here you go! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1408852739376142/ St Andrews medic Freshers 2014
Your very own Facebook page. Always think before posting, you are medical students now! Enjoy!

Only if we meet our offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 764
Any guesses as to when more offers might come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Ive got st andews left to hear from. Apart from this im on all rejections. Anybody got any advice to cope with the long wait? I am feeling really nervous that Im gonna get my fourth rejection.

Same here, just St Andrews left. I just want the wait to be over. :frown:
Original post by nodiggity
Same here, just St Andrews left. I just want the wait to be over. :frown:

I was rejected from everywhere except St. Andrews! Don't lose hope :smile:
Original post by waheed786
Interview went so terrible today!
Absolutely gutted, prepared so well too!
Just felt so overcome by nerves, couldn't think straight or talk sense -_-, gap-year applicant too!!!!! :frown:

A lot of people are in the same position as you. As long as you are not rejected, you are still in for a chance! Mine went horrifically too.
Reply 768
Got an email through yesterday to say they are in the process of making me an offer via UCAS for the St Andrews-Barts route! 3 years in St Andrews, and 3 years in London! Couldn't have asked for a better offer!
Good Luck to those of you still waiting to hear, and hopefully I'll see you in September!
Reply 769
Just felt so overcome by nerves, couldn't think straight or talk sense -_-, gap-year applicant too!!!!! :frown:

mine was exactly the same i really didn't feel it went well i just waffled on about nothing!! fingers crossed for us

Hey don't worry. Relax until they make a decision, the wait is horrible but it will hopefully be worth it in the end mate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys help. St Andrews, Dundee or Aberdeen? St Andrews was always my first choice, but the Manchester route is putting me off it a little.. Plus I wonder if I'll miss the clinical contact in the first three years that you get at Dundee and Aberdeen but not St Andrews. I'm so happy to have the option but I'm really struggling to figure out which to firm. Any thoughts would be really helpful!
Reply 772
Original post by peanutbutter18
Guys help. St Andrews, Dundee or Aberdeen? St Andrews was always my first choice, but the Manchester route is putting me off it a little.. Plus I wonder if I'll miss the clinical contact in the first three years that you get at Dundee and Aberdeen but not St Andrews. I'm so happy to have the option but I'm really struggling to figure out which to firm. Any thoughts would be really helpful!

I'm not going to lie, I miss decent patient contact at St. Andrews but I was a nurse so had a lot before starting Uni and prob would have felt this way at any course! However I now have a good solid grounding to base my clinical years on, anatomy experience second to none and can take a damn good patient history!!

All three unis will make you a doctor, so I guess it cones down to where do you want to live?? And unless you are planning on intercalating do you want the extra year? Clinical years are honestly what you make of it, so doesn't matter where you are!

Good luck choosing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 773
Have any Scottish students been rejected post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do most offers get given out? Is it towards the end of march? I know that interviews are over now so it should be soon!
People at St. Andrew's told me they got theirs at the end of april

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got rejected post interview today.
Original post by peanutbutter18

I guess it depends how much you want early clinical contact. I applied to and got rejected by Aberdeen but i truly loved the city, the course and the medical campus was huge with so many facilities - the kind you won't get at St Andrews - It certainty would have been my second choice after St Andrews (not that I'm bitter or anything!). On the other hand Manchester may be PBL and have low student satisfaction but when you're in your final 3 years you're mostly on placement in some of the best city hospitals in the UK. For me, that experience combined with the excellent teaching in my St Andrews years would swing it for St Andrews but the choice is yours. Can't speak much for Dundee since I didn't apply there but the city seems nice enough :smile:
just got rejected today post interview
Devastated! this was my last uni as well. Well...officially a gap year student now
Good luck to anybody else waiting to hear back.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
just got rejected today post interview
Devastated! this was my last uni as well. Well...officially a gap year student now
Good luck to anybody else waiting to hear back.

:frown: Really wish you the very best in your next application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending