The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Ceryni
Don't think they're published anywhere! If they kept the same proportions though, it'd be:

Academic = 62.5%
UKCAT = 18.75%
PS/reference = 18.75%

However, they could just do it on a system where the paper application is scored on the 50/15/15 format, then they use a certain cut-off score to select a certain %age of applicants for interview.

All of that is conjecture though, since (I think!!) there's no more details given about the interview selection process other than those overall scoring proportions :s-smilie:

Wow, that is a lot for academics! What year was it that this was in use that you know?
50-15-15 format?
Reply 161
Original post by Chi-
Wow, that is a lot for academics! What year was it that this was in use that you know?
50-15-15 format?

This isn't an actual scoring system!!! Like I said, no-one knows how they score for interview selection besides the ratio of percentages you quoted there (the 50% academic, 50% ukcat, 50% ps/reference is what I meant by that format).

All I did was estimate that if they used the same proportions of each factor, then the ratios would still be 3.33:1, whereby only those 3 factors would add up to 100, so the percentages would then adjust to those I quoted :wink:
Hey guys,
When do interviews start coming out? And do the current students remember their questions/interview format?

(I'm thinking I'll get an interview since my academics are quite good!)

Thanks guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 163
Original post by Ceryni
This isn't an actual scoring system!!! Like I said, no-one knows how they score for interview selection besides the ratio of percentages you quoted there (the 50% academic, 50% ukcat, 50% ps/reference is what I meant by that format).

All I did was estimate that if they used the same proportions of each factor, then the ratios would still be 3.33:1, whereby only those 3 factors would add up to 100, so the percentages would then adjust to those I quoted :wink:

hmm ,are you a student or applicant? :smile:
Original post by Blobblecats
Hey guys,
When do interviews start coming out? And do the current students remember their questions/interview format?

(I'm thinking I'll get an interview since my academics are quite good!)

Thanks guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an email today at ten to four! I was so shocked. I nearly peed myself.
I just received an Interview!! Amazed! Best start making my way! Tis a long journey!
Original post by RadioheadAnton
I just received an Interview!! Amazed! Best start making my way! Tis a long journey!

For everyone who's got an interview well done and what was your UKCAT scores?
Original post by kierandoran

740 the rest of the stuffs on the stalking page :biggrin:
Reply 168
Original post by RadioheadAnton

When is the interview?
6th december!! I'm very glad I've started prep early!
Reply 170
Just got an interview as well on 6 Dec :smile:
None for me yet! gonna be soon though I hope
Reply 172
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
None for me yet! gonna be soon though I hope

I haven't got one either! Really hoping I'll get one soon, don't want to be left until January/February.... :redface:
Reply 173
And so the obsessive checking of e-mails begins.. :redface:
Just got an interview for Dec 2nd!!!! I feel so considered! :O

I got an interview and I have a score of 755 average
Reply 176
I got an interview today and have 790 av :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As last year it seems the interviews are going out first to the highest scorers first and I'm guessing it'll work its way down!
Reply 178
As last year it seems the interviews are going out first to the highest scorers first and I'm guessing it'll work its way down!

I don't think it is, certainly not by ukcat.
Reply 179
I reckon it's random..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending