The Student Room Group

Resources for self teaching

Over the holidays my plan was to teach myself the whole of core 4, as this would leave me to be able to go ahead and leave more time to do units like fp2, fp3, m2. However, with only the textbook i am struggling alot with this module, esspecially with how big it is. What resources would you reccomened, free or paid for, for either core 4, fp2 or m2?
Reply 1
Original post by ollz272
Over the holidays my plan was to teach myself the whole of core 4, as this would leave me to be able to go ahead and leave more time to do units like fp2, fp3, m2. However, with only the textbook i am struggling alot with this module, esspecially with how big it is. What resources would you reccomened, free or paid for, for either core 4, fp2 or m2?

what board are you with?
and what textbook do you currently have?
Reply 2
Original post by LadyJoka
what board are you with?
and what textbook do you currently have?

I'm with the OCR MEI board.
I currently have the core3/core4, fp1, fp2, Numerical methods, m2, and s1 books.
Original post by ollz272
I currently have the core3/core4, fp1, fp2, Numerical methods, m2, and s1 books.

I have to say, the MEI textbooks are often tough for self study.
You could try and find some resources on Integrate.
Remember too, many of the topics on C4 are common to all exam boards.
A cheap copy of Bostock and Chandler Core maths may help.
There are some good free powerpoints kicking around on the net too.
Reply 4
Original post by ollz272

There's some stuff for MEI here and it may be worth shopping round online for specifics/theory and then doing some problems from your textbook. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest