The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London applicants for 2014 entry

Hello everyone! :biggrin:

I haven't seen a thread regarding this so I thought to create one. With the UCAS cycle soon to start, this is the place for any queries or for those who have decided/thinking about applying to KCL.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Stalking page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Kings_College_London_Stalking_Page_2014
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi i am slovak student at Charles university in Prague(czech republic) i will be studying medicine ...i will be in the first class and i want to ask when i willend my first class if i can move to your university without any exams.....just send application form to King´s college...I really want to study in London it is the best University ...and it is my dream...thanks for replaying :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I have got final exams from slovak lang-1,english-1,biology-3,chemistry-3 it wasn´t very good day...but my average marks are 2 ....cause my school accept moving from one faculty to another for example ,from Bratislava to Prague ...of course there are conditions.....
Original post by justanotherindigo
Hello everyone! :biggrin:

I haven't seen a thread regarding this so I thought to create one. With the UCAS cycle soon to start, this is the place for any queries or for those who have decided/thinking about applying to KCL.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Hello :smile:

I'm considering applying to KCL for International Relations but it depends on how good my AS results are. Are you thinking about applying?
Reply 4
Original post by ada56111
Hi i am slovak student at Charles university in Prague(czech republic) i will be studying medicine ...i will be in the first class and i want to ask when i willend my first class if i can move to your university without any exams.....just send application form to King´s college...I really want to study in London it is the best University ...and it is my dream...thanks for replaying :smile:

Yes, you can transfer but that depends on the programme. It's best to either check the KCL website or contact them directly. I'm transferring into second year right now :smile:
Original post by Wild Nothing
Hello :smile:

I'm considering applying to KCL for International Relations but it depends on how good my AS results are. Are you thinking about applying?

Hi!

I'm thinking about applying for History :smile: The entry requirements are quite high so I'll need good AS grades. Best of luck with your results! :smile:
Hi!

I'm thinking about applying for History :smile: The entry requirements are quite high so I'll need good AS grades. Best of luck with your results! :smile:

Oh history is competitive! When I was at the open day, so many people there were going to the history talk :tongue: You too, I hope we both get the grades we want! :smile:
Oh history is competitive! When I was at the open day, so many people there were going to the history talk :tongue: You too, I hope we both get the grades we want! :smile:

It really is! Do you know whether the entry requirements have changed or anything? I just checked that to do History I need A*AA which is :eek: whereas for Biomedical Sciences (which is a lot more competitive), you only need AAB. Aha, hopefully :smile:
It really is! Do you know whether the entry requirements have changed or anything? I just checked that to do History I need A*AA which is :eek: whereas for Biomedical Sciences (which is a lot more competitive), you only need AAB. Aha, hopefully :smile:

Im not sure. For IR it's AAA, I'm considering philosophy too and that's AAA but those courses aren't as competitive as history. It's quite low (for King's) for Biomed :eek: Maybe it's because most applicants will have subjects like maths and chemistry which are harder?

Think the reason Biomed is AAB and probably won't change is usually it's a fifth choice (four other are medicine.) As the common grade requirement for medicine is AAA, it doesn't seem right to have a backup with a higher requirement.
Im not sure. For IR it's AAA, I'm considering philosophy too and that's AAA but those courses aren't as competitive as history. It's quite low (for King's) for Biomed :eek: Maybe it's because most applicants will have subjects like maths and chemistry which are harder?

Yeah I've realised that it's different for the rest of the humanities subjects. I just freaked out a little when I saw the history requirement, really wasn't expecting it to be that high! I know, my friend got a conditional offer for Biomed and she told me that she only needs AAB to get in :eek: That's probably why :smile:

Original post by AlanAlty
Think the reason Biomed is AAB and probably won't change is usually it's a fifth choice (four other are medicine.) As the common grade requirement for medicine is AAA, it doesn't seem right to have a backup with a higher requirement.

Thanks for the clarification. :smile:
Reply 11
Hi guys, im also looking to apply to KCL for Law LLB in 2014, i did reasonably well in my AS results as i got AABU but im not thinking about the U grade as i am going to do History AS in Septemeber to try and get a pass atleast!! I am also going to try and improve greatly in A2 in my A levels to push my 2 As in AS law and English Lit to 2 A*s as well as try to push my B grade in my Psychology AS grade to an A grade...do u guys think i have a chance or not of getting in KCL?

thanks for taking you're time out to read my query :-) xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hello,
anyone else considering applying for Film Studies? (If so, where else are you applying to?) I got ABBB and an A in General Studies at AS, didn't do as well as I'd hoped to but obviously planning on working extra hard this year to get at least another A overall. Good luck with your applications everyone!
Reply 13
I'm intending to apply for International Relations at KCL, just need to get a good personal statement written up and choose all five uni's
woo im applying for Kings too, I did reasonably well for my AS with AABC so hopefully work hard enuf next year to get in (fingers crossed_

P.s Applying for English law and American law
Reply 15
I'm off to KCL in a couple of weeks to do English. I had no As at AS (BBBD) so I assume King's are pretty forgiving when it comes to your previous grades (my GCSEs weren't great either). I met my AAA requirement after resits but I put my offer down to my personal statement - work hard on this! Good luck all. X
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm applying to KCL for Law LLB. I got my results this summer (A*A*A) so I just need to do the LNAT now!
Reply 17
Hi guys just did the UKCAT:
VR 530
QR 660
AR 660
DA 840

SJ BAND 3

Is it good or bad? Where can I apply with this score? Is King's impossible?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most likely will apply to Management at KCL, anybody in the same boat?
Original post by fadytousa
Hi guys just did the UKCAT:
VR 530
QR 660
AR 660
DA 840

SJ BAND 3

Is it good or bad? Where can I apply with this score? Is King's impossible?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

You scored 2690 from my calculations which is above the national average (around 2500) so that should be ok for most med schools. With king's I think a good UKCAT compensates for poor GCSE's and vice versa, its a competitive school so good records in both would be best! :biggrin: sjt wise its unknown how they will use it, band 3 is not terrible but not ace, it will most likely be used in the non-academic aspect of your application. Hope that helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest