The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: This Fantasy Food or Drink, Would Ya Buy It, D'ya Think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
3/10.

Bread with sage is a nice combination, but... an unleavened Indian Stuffing sandwich? It just imagine that would be RIDICULOUSLY stodgy, don't you? It would be stodgy bread with stodgy filling, and it'd thud into your stomach like a brick. But that said, it is novel and I imagine those first one or two bites would be reasonably tasty; I'd probably take a bit if SOMEONE ELSE bought one!

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU BUY:

GALAXY PEANUTS: A BAG OF GALAXY CHOCOLATES WITH PEANUT CENTRES. WITH OR WITHOUT SHELLS; THINK, NUT GALAXY COUNTERS, OR NUT GALAXY MINSTRELS!
Reply 41
9/10. They sound DAMN good! Thought peanuts coated in chocolate fall behind chocolate raisins for me, galaxy chocolate takes it to a whole new level and I'm sure I'd enjoy them if not buy them just to try them.

Would you buy:
Tinned fruity ravioli?
Reply 42
ARGH URGH ARGH 0.0/10 X 100!

Tinned fruit ravioli?! Dani are you for real? You nutter. I would happily take a picture, post it on facebook and add the caption "Heinz goes bat**** crazy", but buy it? Zero. Zero Zero Zero.

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU CONSIDER BUYING:

NY CHEESECAKE TWIX?

9/10 - It sounds really nice because cheesecake is my favourite dessert and there's nothing on the market like it. Only loses one point because I find Twix generally quite uninspiring.

Would you buy Milkybar chocolate balls with strawberry filling (think the kind in the Strawberries & Creme Dairy Milk)? And they'd be about the same size as Maltesers.
Reply 44
PROBABLY 4/10.

When the Milkybar Strawberry Cream Egg came out a few years back I wasn't too impressed by it (this one:smile:

So I would probably keep the same level of reservation with this. Though I could probably be swayed, Milky Bar and strawberry cream didn't work in the past so I'm unsure it would again!!

HOW LIKELY WOULD YOU BE TO BUY:

A CEREAL LOVER'S TREAT SELECTION BOX (think, box of chocolates, but different cereal treats instead)

Reply 45
No cereal lovers then? I'm sure that's not the case....
Reply 46
Hm. 6/10. Whilst I love cereal, and I really love both the idea and the picture (hence why I left it for someone else to answer as to not put it down), I'm not sure I really want cereal in my chocolate. I love chocolate and I love cereal, but I like them separately mostly. Yes, Rice Crispie cakes are delightful, but a bowl of Frosties and a piece of cadbury is great too.

WOULD YOU BUY:
Fanta infused raisins?
yes, yes I would. I love fanta and I love raisins, together I imagine they'd be incredible. 9/10 - one point off because I'm not sure how the "fizz" would work.

What about:

Licorice flavored yoghurt?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48
0/10. Licorice is nasty FULL STOP.

Would you buy:

Beef Meatloaf in batter
Reply 49
0/10. I hate the texture of meatloaf. It's like eating a thick meat sponge. And that is never a good thing.

WOULD YOU BUY:

Babybel wrapped in ham
Reply 50
5/10 - RIGHT SLAP BANG IN THE MIDDLE.

The reason is that I tried the DELI 24 versions of that, and it was really very middling. Nothing too great. These ones here:

They were a bit... wet. I think they need to be to form the ham around the cheese. But I'm a real glutton for novelty so I'd probably think twice if I saw a Babybel version really cheap.

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU WANT TO BUY, OUT OF TEN:

KING PRAWN MCNUGGETS IN MCDONALDS?
Reply 51
7/10

I imagine that due to the thick batter and the frying process - these would be very homogenously crispy thus avoiding the soggy disappointment that pub or chinese style battered prawns can often turn out to be. On the other hand - I imagine the filling would be mushed up and blander and thus not as good as a well cooked fresh crispy battered jumbo prawn. But, I would definitely give them a go.

Would you buy:

Licorice flavoured sorbet?
Reply 52
0/10. Licorice flavour should be prohibited.

Would you buy:

Mint flavoured mini milk
Reply 53
7/10. Mint chocolate definitely but pure mint? I'd definitely try it but I'm not sure the creamy milk would ok with mint flavour.

Would you buy:
Strawberry kitkat chunky
Reply 54
2/10,I can't think of where strawberry compliments chocoalte well so I wouldn't be tempted.

Would you buy:

McCain micro wedges
Reply 55
Original post by Fusion
2/10,I can't think of where strawberry compliments chocoalte well so I wouldn't be tempted.

Would you buy:

McCain micro wedges

Mccain already do a range of wedges with a microwave setting on them:

It SAYS it takes 2.50 minutes in the micro, but I've found a bit less than that is optimal.

Anyway, care to change your offering, Fuse?
Reply 56
Original post by TotoMimo
Mccain already do a range of wedges with a microwave setting on them:

It SAYS it takes 2.50 minutes in the micro, but I've found a bit less than that is optimal.

Anyway, care to change your offering, Fuse?

I've bought them several times and I can't remember a microwave setting on them cos I wouldn't be oven cooking them for 20mins otherwise but I'll change it because I forgot mccain sell frozen wedges.

Would you buy:

Salt n vinegar balls
0/10. Assuming they are crisps, like cheeseballs but salt and vinegar flavour. I like salt, I like vinegar. I love salt and vinegar on chips but I absolutely despise salt & vinegar flavour snacks. I don't know why, but they make me gag. Sorry!

WOULD YOU BUY; Vodka & Fanta Fruit Twist in a can?
Reply 58
4/10. If I popped into a shop for an alcoholc drink I might be tempted, but I don't drink spirits mixers.

Would you buy:

A cheeseburger sauce (bascially a sauce that tries to tastes like a cheeseburger, could be nice with chips etc....)
5/10. Sounds quite nice to dip chips in, but I've never really been a burger fan.

WOULD YOU BUY a chicken tikka samosa?

Quick Reply

Latest