The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

How to get from Southampton CTL to highfield campus???

Hi i've got something lined up at uni of southampton in building 30 (chemistry). Whats the easiest way to get there within an hour?

As far as i know i think it's the u1a bus, but is it obvious where to catch this at the station??

Cheers !
Reply 1
Original post by FrazH
Hi i've got something lined up at uni of southampton in building 30 (chemistry). Whats the easiest way to get there within an hour?

As far as i know i think it's the u1a bus, but is it obvious where to catch this at the station??

Cheers !

Yup that's correct, U1A is the best and most direct way to get to uni. Exit Central Station through Platform 4 (south-side), then the closest bus stop to the exit is the one you need. During weekdays, the buses should be every 10 mins.

In flowing traffic conditions, then you should get to uni within 30 mins, so there'll be plenty of time :smile:

Timetable: http://www.buscms.com/uploadedfiles/BlueStar/pdfs/u1.pdf

There's two stops at uni - one in front of Jubilee Sports Centre (aquarium-like box-shaped building on the left-hand side), one at Highfield Interchange (slanting wooden roof bus stop). Try to get off at Jubilee Sports Centre coz that's the closest to Chemistry, but it's not a big deal if you get off at Highfield Interchange.

Hope this helps!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending