The Student Room Group

Money worries

Is it worth opening multiple student accounts?
I want to upgrade my natwest current account to a student account but then I also feel like I should open an account with Santander as they seem to offer the best account for what I'm looking for - does anyone know if it is worthwhile having two student accounts?

I don't live at my parents house anyway and my bills come out of my halifax account, and my savings account and credit card are both with halifax too but I use my natwest account for special occasion spending (birthdays and Christmases) and I've always found having multiple accounts useful but will I lose any account benefits if I don't have my student loan paid into one of my student bank accounts?

Slight confusing I know but can anyone help?
Original post by Jaspycat
Is it worth opening multiple student accounts?
I want to upgrade my natwest current account to a student account but then I also feel like I should open an account with Santander as they seem to offer the best account for what I'm looking for - does anyone know if it is worthwhile having two student accounts?

I don't live at my parents house anyway and my bills come out of my halifax account, and my savings account and credit card are both with halifax too but I use my natwest account for special occasion spending (birthdays and Christmases) and I've always found having multiple accounts useful but will I lose any account benefits if I don't have my student loan paid into one of my student bank accounts?

Slight confusing I know but can anyone help?

It states in the terms and conditions of the student accounts that you must use that account as your main account... therefore you cannot use multiple accounts and it's breaking the terms & conditions of the account. The bank/s can ask for any overdraft money back ASAP as you should not have had it in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending