The Student Room Group

TSR Allergic's Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aari
I'm allergic to cats. :eek4:

(I've been sent every type of meme about this, seriously don't bother!)

Like this one:
cat-allergy.jpg
:dry:

Cats and dogs make me sneeze. When I was in France I stayed with a family who had two cats that liked to sleep in my bed so I kept my friend up all night sneezing! I also sometimes get a bit wheezy with dogs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I'm allergic to penicillin :rolleyes:
Original post by jellie88
I'm allergic to penicillin :rolleyes:

Allergies to medication must be annoying when it comes to being ill. I have actually found some creams and medicines that have some sort of nuts in them which means I can't take them. Odd!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by itsjustsophie
Allergies to medication must be annoying when it comes to being ill. I have actually found some creams and medicines that have some sort of nuts in them which means I can't take them. Odd!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that must be annoying for you then! Yeah I don't like being allergic to penicillin because they give me this other medicine that makes me feel more ill than better because it smells vile! :tongue:
I'm pretty sure I have a mild dust allergy, as in I always have a cold. Also fun fun fun, I'm a member of da hayfever club
Reply 25
Hay fever.

There's a slight possibility that it may be getting better though. Hope dies last.
Reply 26
Cats and dogs make me sneeze. When I was in France I stayed with a family who had two cats that liked to sleep in my bed so I kept my friend up all night sneezing! I also sometimes get a bit wheezy with dogs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I LOVEEEE DOGS! I would die if I were allergic to them! pun not intended! :K:
Ive recently found out im allergic to eggs, Im having further tests because ive still been having reactions despite cutting egg out of my diet. They also said its very rare to develop egg allergy as an adult without having other allergies, so will have to wait and see with that.

My main issue is that I adore eggs! And I didnt realise just how much food has egg in it! Im struggling to adapt my diet big time

Ive known about my nickel allergy for a few years, so difficult to find nickel free watches haha!
Reply 28
I'm allergic to duck eggs, but not hens' eggs (aka normal eggs) for some reason.

Last time I ate a duck egg, I ended up in A&E :frown:
I bet that was annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very!:frown: The weather really didn't help. I was forced to wear trousers and not shave for those 3 weeks. Urgh.
Original post by MissLightyear

Ive known about my nickel allergy for a few years, so difficult to find nickel free watches haha!

I had a bit of an odd reaction to a watch I used to wear. (my skin would just peel. There was no rash or anything) I was told to either wear a sweat band underneath or coat the back of the watch with clear nail varnish.
Original post by the-black-lotus
I'm pretty sure I have a mild dust allergy, as in I always have a cold. Also fun fun fun, I'm a member of da hayfever club

*high five* I'm also a hayfeverer. I have a cold all the time too but that's down to my rhinitis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcano
Hay fever.

There's a slight possibility that it may be getting better though. Hope dies last.

It's hard to judge with hayfever because every year is different. I thought this year was worse than ever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aari
I LOVEEEE DOGS! I would die if I were allergic to them! pun not intended! :K:

My grandparent have a dog and I'm usually okay with her as long as I have taken my hay fever tablet - I just sometimes get a bit sneezy and get a rash if I rub her too much, depending on where she has been. It's usually really hairy dogs that make me wheeze.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissLightyear
Ive recently found out im allergic to eggs, Im having further tests because ive still been having reactions despite cutting egg out of my diet. They also said its very rare to develop egg allergy as an adult without having other allergies, so will have to wait and see with that.

My main issue is that I adore eggs! And I didnt realise just how much food has egg in it! Im struggling to adapt my diet big time

It is surprising how many foods have egg in. Finding a pre-packed sandwich without mayo in always proves a challenge. Some ice creams have egg in (although I've never had a problem) and thankfully I am able to eat biscuits and cakes with egg in :smile:. However I'm jealous of people who can eat meringues. I've had an egg free one and they're so nice! Also macaroons. Oh man!!!

I've never actually eaten an egg on its own since I was a baby. I think they look a bit minging but that's probably just me with my allergy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by askew116
I'm allergic to duck eggs, but not hens' eggs (aka normal eggs) for some reason.

Last time I ate a duck egg, I ended up in A&E :frown:

I've always wondered if there was a difference. I might look in to trying duck eggs because in allergic to chickens eggs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My list of allergies is quite extensive: almonds, peanuts, lemon, cauliflower, some other really difficult scientific terms for wild grass or something of the sort and the worst of them all is WHEAT!

I need to read every single label before I pick up something at the store. It's frustrating really, everything from soya sauce to muffins has wheat and life cannot get any more miserable than that! Plus anti-histamines make me a little cuckoo in the head. Is there any one who feels like their anti-histamines affects them physically and mentally?
Reply 37
My grandparent have a dog and I'm usually okay with her as long as I have taken my hay fever tablet - I just sometimes get a bit sneezy and get a rash if I rub her too much, depending on where she has been. It's usually really hairy dogs that make me wheeze.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get a rash if you rub her too much. Depending on where she has been. :toofunny:

(Sorry, I'm easily amused. :tongue:)
I'm allergic to peanuts and cats, so everytime I go to my best friend's house I have to bring some sort of allergy medicine with me because she has 4 cats and they leave their hairs EVERYWHERE, it's a nightmare especially if I'm sleeping over.
And I used to be allergic to eggs but that disappeared as I grew up which was weird!
My cousin is allergic to oranges and orange juices. She was devastated when she found out because orange juice was always her favourite!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel sorry for her, she can't enjoy the goodness that is Calippo
:eek:

Quick Reply

Latest