Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Clubbing shirts

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I often go out on night outs and see some lads who are wearing some quite nice but not over the top fashionable long sleeved shirts. Where do you buy these from? I've been to House of Fraser, Hugo Boss (too conservative for a night out IMO) Ted Baker & Paul Smith (too flamboyant).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialnoob)
    I often go out on night outs and see some lads who are wearing some quite nice but not over the top fashionable long sleeved shirts. Where do you buy these from? I've been to House of Fraser, Hugo Boss (too conservative for a night out IMO) Ted Baker & Paul Smith (too flamboyant).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heya, try www.asos.com, they are very good for their fashionable shirts, not too formal
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattiemcbinky)
    Heya, try www.asos.com, they are very good for their fashionable shirts, not too formal
    Thanks a lot I will check them out now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Next have good shirts, perfect for going out.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wear one of these bad boys. See the below picture for me in one at a Robbie Williams concert.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belloq)
    Next have good shirts, perfect for going out.
    Thanks mate will check them out, do they last?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For fashionable shirts on a budget (like me), you can go to H&M (around £10-20) or River Island/Topman (£20-35) and there's a whole range of different styles so you can be as plain or as adventurous as you like :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chapmouse)
    I wear one of these bad boys. See the below picture for me in one at a Robbie Williams concert.
    That is absolute quality.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate will check them out, do they last?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they do, got my favourite shirt from there, I've had for a couple of years and I'll hopefully have it for a couple more.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    *face palm*
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zara is your place to go. Fashionable but not over the top and they are more fitted than your average high street shirt so can look good in a clubbing environment. Prices range around £30.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    snip
    A mate has one of them, initially I was like wtf but they're great for casual nights out. The fact they're actually called ****e Shirts and it says it clearly on the front is amazing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Camden market. That way you won't have to pay £80 for the same shirt that 5 other people in the club are already wearing. Thrift shopping is the way forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    The fact you don't have a clue what the shirt looks like before it arrives is a bit of a turn off for me though... I bet you're glad you got that shirt instead of this monstrosity, for instance
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByStudent Room1375365210.213789.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	235417  
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Aw sick man - you discovered ironic clothing.

I'm undecided as to whether wearing a '****e shirt' is more embarrassing than wearing a morphsuit. Both make you look like an attention-seeking ****.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    The fact you don't have a clue what the shirt looks like before it arrives is a bit of a turn off for me though... I bet you're glad you got that shirt instead of this monstrosity, for instance
    Ahh the whole lottery thing was what sold it for me. I wore it one day at Reading Festival last year, and I saw a fair few other people in them. I even met someone that had a matching panel with me. That was an intimate moment.
    To tell you the truth, I'm sort of gutted with how boring my shirt is. While there is a lottery aspect to the shirt, they seem to usually follow a theme. Mine is covered in various floral patterns. A friend of mine has a panel covered in watermelon. I want that panel.
    They're pricey but so much fun.

(Original post by tooosh)
    A mate has one of them, initially I was like wtf but they're great for casual nights out. The fact they're actually called ****e Shirts and it says it clearly on the front is amazing.
    They are quite something.

(Original post by Boner in joggers)
    Aw sick man - you discovered ironic clothing.

I'm undecided as to whether wearing a '****e shirt' is more embarrassing than wearing a morphsuit. Both make you look like an attention-seeking ****.
    Jesus Christ, I think you need some of this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vagisil-medicated-creme.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	235443
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can get quite nice shirts at boutique shops, and even M&S do (or used to) some nice shirts for nights out. Crew sometimes do nice shirts, Ralph Lauren concessions in department stores too. Those are the only ones I can think of atm, as you're right - most shirts around are awful!!! I would also recommend avoiding checked shirts, as only a very few guys can pull those off...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flit)
    You can get quite nice shirts at boutique shops, and even M&S do (or used to) some nice shirts for nights out. Crew sometimes do nice shirts, Ralph Lauren concessions in department stores too. Those are the only ones I can think of atm, as you're right - most shirts around are awful!!! I would also recommend avoiding checked shirts, as only a very few guys can pull those off...
    Thanks for that do you know of any good boutique shops? Ill have a look at the others you have you have mentioned and I don't like checked shirts either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by überambitious_ox)
    I'm a girl, but have a brother, so can give you some help.

Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister. Really good quality.

For a guide of price range: Abercrombie shirts are around 70 - 80 pounds. Hollister shirts are cheaper.
    Hollister is really good quality? :lol: well this is awkward...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.