The Student Room Group

Would you let your son be feminine?

Scroll to see replies

smh and people wonder why society is so ****ed up and corrupted . No i would NOT let my son act like a girl if hes a bloody boy
Reply 121
I'd let him act however he wants... it's honestly none of my business and I'd love him whether he was masculine, feminine, androgynous or undifferentiated :P
Girls get teased for being too boyish, but there is more stigma these days towards men being feminine than the reverse. I'm not overly keen on very effeminate men, I have a weakness for deep voices so if my son had a really high-pitched voice I would be a tad disappointed, but only a little, because he'd be my son, I'd love him regardless. If he wants to do ballet he should go for it, better than him sitting playing computer games, ballet is hard work, which is precisely why I've never done it, but it's a perfectly good form of exercise regardless of gender. :lol: If he wants to wear pink then yes, I will tease him, but I would tease my girls as well. I wouldn't stop my son/sons from doing feminine things any more than I would stop my daughter/daughters from doing masculine things, I spent my childhood climbing trees, I've had a go at rugby, I'm not going to tell them they can't do it after all that. I'd worry about him being picked on at school, but I wouldn't love my son any less for being feminine. And if any of my children ever felt that they'd been born in the wrong body, I wouldn't care, I like being a girl but it must be horrific to feel like you're in the wrong body. And as for being gay, I agree with my parents philosophy, they don't care who we bring home as long as they're a nice person.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 123
Original post by Boopho
I'm interested if males on here would force their children to adhere to strict gender roles and what would they do if there son turned out to be feminine?

I would definitely like my son to grow up and be masculine and a proper man. If he became feminine I'd try my best to change him.
(edited 10 years ago)
I would say that I'm quite feminine at times (doing a little balletic movement around the house). I don't have any interest in having children, but if I ever did, then I wouldn't care if they were masculine or feminine as long as they're happy.
Never,ever,ever . Hes a boy for a reason not a girl .
As anyone who has ever queued for a northern nightclub will know, getting a slightly built feminine guy to act the hard man is only gonna get them battered.

This masculinity thing is a rather difficult balancing act to pull off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending