The Student Room Group

What would you do?

Please could you offer me some advice as i'm in real need of it.
Basically, i'm a 19 year old male and there's this girl that i really like. I've known her for the past 3 years (since the start of sixth form), and we've both just finished our first year of uni - we go to separate unis which are approx 1.5hrs drive. Up until this easter she's had a boyfriend, whom of which was a bit of a nasty piece of work. Before they broke up (she cheated on him) she told me she really liked me. We've been texting regularly since easter, and particularly over the past few weeks.
Basically, i really like her and would love her to be my girlfriend - however i don't know whether I should ask her, as i don't know whether she would say yes, and whether it would work with the distance - however i would try hard to overcome this.
My question to you is.. what would you do?
Thanks so much, i'm in desperate need for some advice!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Please could you offer me some advice as i'm in real need of it.
Basically, i'm a 19 year old male and there's this girl that i really like. I've known her for the past 3 years (since the start of sixth form), and we've both just finished our first year of uni - we go to separate unis which are approx 1.5hrs drive. Up until this easter she's had a boyfriend, whom of which was a bit of a nasty piece of work. Before they broke up (she cheated on him) she told me she really liked me. We've been texting regularly since easter, and particularly over the past few weeks.
Basically, i really like her and would love her to be my girlfriend - however i don't know whether I should ask her, as i don't know whether she would say yes, and whether it would work with the distance - however i would try hard to overcome this.
My question to you is.. what would you do?
Thanks so much, i'm in desperate need for some advice!

Why would you want to be with someone who has cheated on her most recent partner? I know you've known her a long time and it's very appealing to finally be with someone whom you've been crushing on, but that particular habit is a hard one to break. If you'd be doing a long-distance thing, it would be even harder...you'd be paranoid a lot of the time about if she could be doing to you what she's done to him. How long had she been with her boyfriend? I'm guessing longer than she's been texting you. If she was able to do that to someone she probably loved, what's to say she wouldn't do it right back to you? She even told you she liked you while she was still attached to him! A leopard never changes its spots.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending