The Student Room Group

I don't know what to say to women

I've realised i don't really know what to say or do when i meet a girl i want to date. I've missed a few opportunities because i can't really articulate myself to ask them on a date. I can have a great conversation with them and make friends really easily but for some reason whenever i want a date i don't know what words or phrase to actually achieve that.

I usually end up just waiting till i've known them and spoke to them for about an hour (say i've met them through friends at a social event) then just ask if they'd like to get a drink some time. I'm not nervous when i ask, i just don't think i'm using the best phrases to be successful at this. Maybe it comes off as a bit aloof or not strong enough?

Can anyone help?
why don't you just be straight with them, cut out all the bull****
Original post by Anonymous
I've realised i don't really know what to say or do when i meet a girl i want to date. I've missed a few opportunities because i can't really articulate myself to ask them on a date. I can have a great conversation with them and make friends really easily but for some reason whenever i want a date i don't know what words or phrase to actually achieve that.

I usually end up just waiting till i've known them and spoke to them for about an hour (say i've met them through friends at a social event) then just ask if they'd like to get a drink some time. I'm not nervous when i ask, i just don't think i'm using the best phrases to be successful at this. Maybe it comes off as a bit aloof or not strong enough?

Can anyone help?

possibly you could use something that you've found out from your conversation with them since you say conversing with them is one of your strengths. For example if you hear one of them is really into sports and you quite like sports to maybe you could say something along the lines of 'would you like to come with me to the new gym in town' okay that's not the best example as it sounds like you want to be their training buddy :colondollar: Oh lets say one of them started talking about their favourite meal or something you could say 'I know this new place in town where they do really good food. Would you like to accompany me sometime? etc etc' ..I think that sounds good but I'm not exactly an expert :rolleyes:

Anyway I don't think there is anything wrong with asking if they'd like to get a drink. Since you're really good at the conversation aspect maybe just try not to worry too much when it comes to asking to go on a date and just let the convo flow then if it seems like they like you and if you're also into them you could ask if they would like to go for a drink ..hey presto:beer:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest