The Student Room Group

Is Accounting hard?

Hey, I'm starting A-Levels next year, I want to know views from people who do Accounting (AQA) and how they find it, I am trying to know what it's like because I want to be an accountant when I'm older, and maybe even chartered if I can manage? :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by violentkid
Hey, I'm starting A-Levels next year, I want to know views from people who do Accounting (AQA) and how they find it, I am trying to know what it's like because I want to be an accountant when I'm older, and maybe even chartered if I can manage? :smile::smile::smile::smile:

I absolutely loved it and didn't find it too hard really. I found it a really good grounding for my degree and work!

I completed a level accounting recently and would say it was enjoyable. Its just like any other subject, learn and understand the content rather then memorising it.
Easily my most enjoyable A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Interesting how two Arsenal fans commented. We like to control our finances :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by noone29
Interesting how two Arsenal fans commented. We like to control our finances :biggrin:

So does Wenger - the bugger never buys a soul yet always "expresses his interest"...
Reply 6
Taling about Arsenal and Accounting, if you look at its annual report P&L, Arsenal is one of the few football clubs with a operational surplus. Prudence is the name of the game, no big spender. Buy them cheap and sell them high could be Wenger's motto.

Original post by Ornlu
So does Wenger - the bugger never buys a soul yet always "expresses his interest"...
Reply 7
Original post by Tcannon
Taling about Arsenal and Accounting, if you look at its annual report P&L, Arsenal is one of the few football clubs with a operational surplus. Prudence is the name of the game, no big spender. Buy them cheap and sell them high could be Wenger's motto.

Touché; however if it comes at the expence of trophies, is it really worth it?:tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 8
No, can't compete with Madrid, PSG, MCity and Chelsea. It is a financial arms race unless UEFA's Financial Fair Play rule is properly implemented.

Original post by Ornlu
Touché; however if it comes at the expence of trophies, is it really worth it?:tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by Ornlu

Spoiler

Nothing matter as long as we're kings of North London :biggrin:

Spurs, forever in our shadow.
Original post by noone29
Nothing matter as long as we're kings of North London :biggrin:

Spurs, forever in our shadow.

How did this become a football topic, regardless of the fact that I absolutely LOVE football?:tongue:
Reply 11
How did this become a football topic, regardless of the fact that I absolutely LOVE football?:tongue:

LOL I dunno, summer boredom I guess. Can't wait for the new season to kick off in 17 days time :biggrin:
Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin
I absolutely loved it and didn't find it too hard really. I found it a really good grounding for my degree and work!

Does this mean that you're an accountant?
If so, how are you finding it?
Reply 13
Who would not like some form of Accounting!?
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
Does this mean that you're an accountant?
If so, how are you finding it?

I'm a graduate trainee and really enjoying it :smile:
Reply 15

You will find it enjoyable young grasshopper :P
Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin
I'm a graduate trainee and really enjoying it :smile:

Cool: do you mind if I ask which company you work at?
I'm going to be looking for a job pretty soon!
(My degree is maths & stats).
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
Cool: do you mind if I ask which company you work at?
I'm going to be looking for a job pretty soon!
(My degree is maths & stats).

Big 4 :smile:
Original post by Enoxial
You will find it enjoyable young grasshopper :P

grasshopper... really?
Reply 19
In my opinion ut is the easiest AL

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending