Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: UKCAT Scores
    <600
    4.17%
    600-630
    4.17%
    631-660
    8.33%
    661-690
    23.61%
    691-720
    29.17%
    721-750
    8.33%
    751-780
    9.72%
    781+
    12.50%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniaa)
    ohh so you dont recommend a skirt? Not like a slutty imini skirt but a skirt for official parties etc
    Ofc you can wear skirt too! I'd recommend wearing tights with it too though, just so you're more comfortable and don't need to worry about you know what haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when they stop calling people for interview? When will I know if Im going to get an interview or rejected? :L
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oisín)
    Anyone know when they stop calling people for interview?
    All applicants who are getting interviews will be informed by mid-December.

Aberdeen's School of Medicine & Dentistry has a twitter page, you know. I'd strongly recommend you to have a look at it once in a while so that you know what it's going on and when the next batches of interviews are sent: https://mobile.twitter.com/aberdeenuni_smd

(Original post by Oisín)
    When will I know if Im going to get an interview or rejected? :L
    No one knows, actually. You could either get one in the forthcoming weeks (:dance:) or be rejected in mid-december or after Christmas (wishing you the best, though!).

Ahh *sigh*... I'm still waiting for an interview invite.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do aberdeen update your applicant portal if you've got an interview? I vaguely remember something to do with aberdeen uni being in my spam inbox a couple of weeks ago but it deletes and I never thought to read it as I thought it was rubbish!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oisín)
    Anyone know when they stop calling people for interview? When will I know if Im going to get an interview or rejected? :L
    Aberdeen reject you right at the end in March.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniaa)
    heey girls, do you mind telling me what you actually wore? I have no idea how I should dress up for any of my interviews :/
    dress however you feel comfortable.
    if you'd rather wear a skirt than trousers then go for it, there's no need in wearing a full on suit or anything like that.
    Something smart, that you might see a doctor wearing.

For some of my interviews I wore a plain smart black dress, for another I wore a blouse and and trousers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in a bit of a pickle and I was hoping you could maybe help me. I'm currently completing my military service and they are pressuring me to find out the date of a possible interview as soon as possible to make sure theres nothing to stop me from going. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet. Should I contact the university by phone or email, or is that seen as too rude? Also I'm fearing that I might get rejected and having not heard anything yet isn't helping and I would like to make sure that Im not making my changes any worse by asking.

Ps. Im from finland

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do they update your applicant portal when you have an invite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreaming spires)
    All applicants who are getting interviews will be informed by mid-December.

Aberdeen's School of Medicine & Dentistry has a twitter page, you know. I'd strongly recommend you to have a look at it once in a while so that you know what it's going on and when the next batches of interviews are sent: https://mobile.twitter.com/aberdeenuni_smd

No one knows, actually. You could either get one in the forthcoming weeks (:dance:) or be rejected in mid-december or after Christmas (wishing you the best, though!).

Ahh *sigh*... I'm still waiting for an interview invite.
    Thanks hopefully I'll hear good news from them soon! Best of luck to you also!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Have any overseas applicants heard anything from Aberdeen?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandelion-field)
    Hello! Have any overseas applicants heard anything from Aberdeen?
    All I had was a fee status form to verify my fee status, nothing since.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letgomyego)
    Yup I got the same thing. May I ask where you're from?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandelion-field)
    Yup I got the same thing. May I ask where you're from?
    yeah, united states : )
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosze)
    Hi I'm in a bit of a pickle and I was hoping you could maybe help me. I'm currently completing my military service and they are pressuring me to find out the date of a possible interview as soon as possible to make sure theres nothing to stop me from going. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet. Should I contact the university by phone or email, or is that seen as too rude? Also I'm fearing that I might get rejected and having not heard anything yet isn't helping and I would like to make sure that Im not making my changes any worse by asking.

Ps. Im from finland

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So long as you're polite there's no harm in asking, especially when you've got a specific reason for wanting to know sooner.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am overseas too... but I did not get the fee status form - in the portal my status says "Information on funding provider to be determined" - guess they deduced that I am an international student from my nationality..... honestly do not know!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSUB)
    I am overseas too... but I did not get the fee status form - in the portal my status says "Information on funding provider to be determined" - guess they deduced that I am an international student from my nationality..... honestly do not know!!!
    Same status for me too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, united states : )
    Cool, I'm from Syria. I presume you've done APs? I scored 555543.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniaa)
    heey girls, do you mind telling me what you actually wore? I have no idea how I should dress up for any of my interviews :/
    Only had one interview so far (Aberdeen) but I'd recommend planning your outfit well in advance to avoid stress and going for a very smart look. Everyone there bar two of the girls were in suits (mixture of trousers and skirts from the ladies).

The two girls not in suits still looked very formal mind, and tbh I don't reckon it makes any difference as long as you're not scruffy. For me, on the day, I personally was glad to have been as formal as I was in the end and was relieved to fit in. I initially wanted to wear a black pleated skirt that sat just above the knee, but my mum shouted me down. I'm so glad she did with hindsight!

(Mind you I am 6"1' - so it probably did look a tad short... :unimpressed: )
    Good luck everyone x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemc7)
    Only had one interview so far (Aberdeen) but I'd recommend planning your outfit well in advance to avoid stress and going for a very smart look. Everyone there bar two of the girls were in suits (mixture of trousers and skirts from the ladies).

The two girls not in suits still looked very formal mind, and tbh I don't reckon it makes any difference as long as you're not scruffy. For me, on the day, I personally was glad to have been as formal as I was in the end and was relieved to fit in. I initially wanted to wear a black pleated skirt that sat just above the knee, but my mum shouted me down. I'm so glad she did with hindsight!

(Mind you I am 6"1' - so it probably did look a tad short... :unimpressed: )
    Good luck everyone x
    thank you! I think I will wear a white sweater and black trousers
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen many RUK students get an interview yet for Aberdeen, for those (RUK's) that have, would you mind posting your stats?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2014
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.