751-780
    9.72%
    781+
    12.50%

• 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MX123)
    Yes!!! Interview (RUK applicant) 7th feb
    What are your predicted grades and ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsbehonest)
    Feb interviews have been given out and that's pretty much the end of it, so I guess this was the last batch.
    Oh hell noes, the dates people were giving didn't even reach into halfway through February! Mine's in March so you still have 2 weeks of interviews unassigned (based on the posts here)!

One more batch I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobblecats)
    Oh hell noes, the dates people were giving didn't even reach into halfway through February! Mine's in March so you still have 2 weeks of interviews unassigned (based on the posts here)!

One more batch I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hope so!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    nothing . Well then, your loose Aberdeen
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Interview on 7th Feb!! School leaver with UKCAT 682.5
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone with an interview for the 15th Jan?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by He2)
    Interview on 7th Feb!! School leaver with UKCAT 682.5
    Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, what are your A2 grades? It's just because I have basically the same UKCAT but haven't heard anything.

Thanks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniaa)
    nothing . Well then, your loose Aberdeen
    Me neither. I don't know what went wrong with my application... Maybe competition was just higher this year? Oh well, goodbye, Aberdeen.

This just demotivated me... I just want to cry right now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for the 7th of February at 2.30pm! So happy! To all of those that didn't receive interview invitations, I wouldn't give up hope yet. I know from previous applicants that they didn't receive invitations until about January or February. I think this is far too early for the 'last batch' to be sent out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreaming spires)
    Me neither. I don't know what went wrong with my application... Maybe competition was just higher this year? Oh well, goodbye, Aberdeen.

This just demotivated me... I just want to cry right now.
    same here. But they ciuld jsut send out the rejections as well. ANd not keep it up till March
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Interview on Feb 10th

grad predicted 2:1 and UKCAT 722.5
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniaa)
    same here. But they ciuld jsut send out the rejections as well. ANd not keep it up till March

(...) *crying*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The twitter page just posted this,

"Aberdeen Uni SMD ‏@aberdeenuni_smd 18m
    Over 300 interview invites sent out today. If you didn't hear, until your Track says reject - we are still considering your application."
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone saying the last day was today. I thought it was next Friday. Also, isn't it a bit too early to stop giving out interviews??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When Aberdeen say 'Academics 30%', is that your overall academic performance, or just AS grades and A2 predictions? Does anyone have any idea?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medd)
    The twitter page just posted this,

"Aberdeen Uni SMD ‏@aberdeenuni_smd 18m
    Over 300 interview invites sent out today. If you didn't hear, until your Track says reject - we are still considering your application."
    In other words, it means "we've just sent out our last batch of interviews, but might still consider your application if there are some places left for interview." (we're not that silly).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In other words, it means "we've just sent out our last batch of interviews, but might still consider your application if there are some places left for interview." (we're not that silly).
    this was two minutes ago…

"Aberdeen Uni SMD ‏@aberdeenuni_smd 2m
    @ItsIbrar we still have some spaces to fill, so as before, until your track is updated, we are still considering your application "

so they must still have some invites to send out
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (...) *crying*
    but thats maybe cause we have different qualifications and they probably count it wrongly...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To people who didn't get an interview invite today- when I phoned admissions on Wednesday before I got my interview they said that they still had 700 applications that they hadn't had time to look at. They were working their way through them and hoped to send out a big batch of the ones they had got through on Friday. When I asked if it was the last batch she actually laughed at me, and said no, the earliest they'll have got through them all is January. Chin up.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniaa)
    but thats maybe cause we have different qualifications and they probably count it wrongly...
    "count it wrongly" :cute:

I think they are used to receiving international qualifications: we're not the first and won't be the last EU students applying to medical school in the UK. So, this can't be an explanation. Maybe, it was our PS (as I'm sure both of our UKCAT scores and predicted grades were good
    enough)? Oh well, I should stop crying I guess. Being rejected isn't the end of the world (trying to relativise here, lol).

But it's quite hard not to feel disheartened when being a doctor is all you ever want to be...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2014
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.