The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by haylodge
Be there for 1pm for the 90 minute briefing and then from 1.30 onwards. What about you?

Briefing is only supposed to be half an hour and even then it lasts like 20 minutes max....?
Reply 901
Original post by Chi-
It does happen, at my glasgow interview one person didnt turn up.
Also people might have had an offer from other unis and if its an unconditional they withdraw from their interview at other unis which opens up spaces.

Was your Glasgow one yesterday? I was meant to be going but have asked to be re-scheduled cause of exams, so it might have been me that wasn't there :/
Reply 902
Does anyone know how many spaces Aberdeen have? I know approximately 700 are interviewed but what about gaining a place after interview, what are the chances?
Reply 903
Original post by medd
Interview on Feb 10th :biggrin:

grad predicted 2:1 and UKCAT 722.5

What time is your interview at?My one is at 2.30pm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 904
Original post by rc16
Does anyone know how many spaces Aberdeen have? I know approximately 700 are interviewed but what about gaining a place after interview, what are the chances?

They accept around 330 people (conditional and unconditional offers) so just under 50% chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 905
Original post by medd
Was your Glasgow one yesterday? I was meant to be going but have asked to be re-scheduled cause of exams, so it might have been me that wasn't there :/

Yeah, what time was yours meant to be though? There were a few EU and post grads at mine.
Reply 906
Original post by Chi-
Yeah, what time was yours meant to be though? There were a few EU and post grads at mine.

10.50am I'm a grad :smile:
Reply 907
Original post by Lpo
What time is your interview at?My one is at 2.30pm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine's 2:30pm as well :smile:
Reply 908
Original post by medd
10.50am I'm a grad :smile:

Ah, i was 1:50. Any luck on rescheduling?
Reply 909
Original post by Chi-

Still trying to sort it out. But because of my circumstances there was no way I could go so I think they kinda have to re-schedule it. (hopefully)
Original post by Chi-
It does happen, at my glasgow interview one person didnt turn up.
Also people might have had an offer from other unis and if its an unconditional they withdraw from their interview at other unis which opens up spaces.

Yeah, but I've lost all hopes on Aberdeen. :frown: I'm just waiting for my rejection now (don't want to be disappointed. it'll hurt more)... No words can describe how sad I feel right now...

I wish you all the best with your applications, guys. You do deserve it. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 911
Original post by medd
Mine's 2:30pm as well :smile:

Will be great to have another nearly grad there.My interview at Glasgow yesterday I was in a group with all school students and I felt old!lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 912
Original post by Dreaming spires
Yeah, but I've lost all hopes on Aberdeen. :frown: I'm just waiting for my rejection now (don't want to be disappointed. it'll hurt more)... No words can describe how sad I feel right now...

I wish you all the best with your applications, guys. You do deserve it. :smile:

Yeah im a re-applicant so i know how it feels, plus that long wait till march to get rejected..
But checking last years thread there have been people who have had interviews in march then getting an unconditional 2 weeks after.
Reply 913
Original post by Chi-

It was me that was meant to be at the same time as you but I asked to reschedule :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 914
Original post by Lpo
Will be great to have another nearly grad there.My interview at Glasgow yesterday I was in a group with all school students and I felt old!lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine when we start uni again
Reply 915
Original post by medd
Imagine when we start uni again

I would be even older as I have applied for deferred entry!I will be in my 30's then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 916
Original post by Chi-
Briefing is only supposed to be half an hour and even then it lasts like 20 minutes max....?

I wondered but it does say on my email 90mins and I did wonder as the interview says 1.30. I guess typo error and they mean't 30 mins
Reply 917
Original post by EilidhM
It was me that was meant to be at the same time as you but I asked to reschedule :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh.. well for both, any luck rescheduling or was it still a maybe?
Reply 918
Original post by haylodge
I wondered but it does say on my email 90mins and I did wonder as the interview says 1.30. I guess typo error and they mean't 30 mins

Have you received an email from the Uni directly regarding the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 919
Original post by Lpo
I would be even older as I have applied for deferred entry!I will be in my 30's then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why deferred entry?

I started my degree at 17 so if I get in this time round I'll only be 20 in September when the course begins…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending