The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
8:30 am (gulp) (I don't like mornings) (I do like brackets though)
Reply 1021
Hey guys I'm an international. So apparently I received an offer from Aberdeen for Neuroscience (w/psychology). That is my 5th choice in UCAS. I applied for Aberdeen medicine as my first choice though. Does this mean that I no longer stand a chance for Aberdeen Medicine?

Also, since Aberdeen stated that they are considering the application until the status changes to 'reject', does it mean that 'no news is good news' ? Anyone knows of anyone who (god forbid) received a rejection from Aberdeen Medicine?

Kindly advise. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1022
Original post by myrza
Hey guys I'm an international. So apparently I received an offer from Aberdeen for Neuroscience (w/psychology). That is my 5th choice in UCAS. I applied for Aberdeen medicine as my first choice though. Does this mean that I no longer stand a chance for Aberdeen Medicine?

Also, since Aberdeen stated that they are considering the application until the status changes to 'reject', does it mean that 'no news is good news' ? Anyone knows of anyone who (god forbid) received a rejection from Aberdeen Medicine?

Getting an offer for neuroscience is in no way indicative of your chances for medicine, they're different courses managed by different people.
Reply 1023
Original post by myrza

Neuroscience is taught by a completely different school, i.e. it has a completely separate admissions process. The school of Medicine won't even know that you have applied to the Neuroscience course. In short, your offer means absolutely nothing in relation to your application to Medicine. But well done on getting it!
Reply 1024
Original post by ilem
Getting an offer for neuroscience is in no way indicative of your chances for medicine, they're different courses managed by different people.

Original post by ElinorH
Neuroscience is taught by a completely different school, i.e. it has a completely separate admissions process. The school of Medicine won't even know that you have applied to the Neuroscience course. In short, your offer means absolutely nothing in relation to your application to Medicine. But well done on getting it!

Original post by ilem

Original post by ElinorH

Alright that is a huge relief for me :smile:. At least I have a chance at Aberdeen med, no matter how small that may be. Thanks guys for the prompt clarification!

In any case, does anyone know of anyone who might have gotten the rejection from Aberdeen med already? Or do they send it after the end of the application cycle?

Cheers!
Original post by eventidexc
To the people who haven't received interview offers yet:

Don't worry, I received mine around this time last year and there are people in my year I know who received theirs in early March - not sure if the system has changed for 2014. Keep your chin up :smile: if there are any questions you'd like to ask, I'd be happy to help (1st year at Aberdeen)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your kind words, although things have slightly changed this year. :smile: Hope you're enjoying your time at Aberdeen.

Original post by myrza
Alright that is a huge relief for me :smile:. At least I have a chance at Aberdeen med, no matter how small that may be. Thanks guys for the prompt clarification!

In any case, does anyone know of anyone who might have gotten the rejection from Aberdeen med already? Or do they send it after the end of the application cycle?

Cheers!

Well, I haven't heard of any rejection yet. I think most of the applicants who haven't been fortunate enough to receive an interview invitation are on a kind of "waiting list" though I AM just waiting to be rejected, tbh. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1026
Hello,
Any EU Students that have received an Interview?
Reply 1027
Original post by pele
Hello,

I recieved an interview for February, but I withdrew my application... Maybe it will give someone else a chance :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1028
Original post by pele
Hello,

Yup. Got mine this month.
Reply 1029
Thank You :smile:
did you get an offer somewhere else?
Reply 1030
Original post by micoshea
Yup. Got mine this month.

Congrats!
Im still waiting, Hopefully the contact me :wink:
Reply 1031
Original post by ebruco
I recieved an interview for February, but I withdrew my application... Maybe it will give someone else a chance :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank You
Reply 1032
Original post by micoshea
8:30 am (gulp) (I don't like mornings) (I do like brackets though)

Same here!! 8:30am 15th jan.. I'm freaking out, never had an MMI before, i heard they're doing roleplayed..

Could anyone who already had an interview briefly describe the process?
Original post by lucey
Same here!! 8:30am 15th jan.. I'm freaking out, never had an MMI before, i heard they're doing roleplayed..

Could anyone who already had an interview briefly describe the process?

Anyone who's already had an interview isn't allowed to share details of their interview as it disadvantages those who weren't given that same information beforehand. Everything you need to know will be explained to you on the day, and you can look at the information that the uni has put on their website about the interviews.
Have any international students gotten interview invites? is it too late for me to still have hope?
Reply 1035
Original post by pele
Thank You

Yes :smile:
I got an offer from Cambridge! I still can't believe it...

And also I can't go to the interview... I have exams that week which I just can't miss :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ebruco

And also I can't go to the interview... I have exams that week which I just can't miss :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow!! Congrats!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1037
To all those people who still haven't hear anything, I called the admissions office today morning, and they said they are still going through the applications and that invitations will be sent off this week. They also said that we will hear either way (rejected or interview) by the end of the week and that I should call them if I still don't hear anything! There is still hope :biggrin: !!!!!
Reply 1038
Original post by ebruco

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Job! Wish you all the Best!
I have an interview at Aberdeen on the 15th. How long does it last? Could anyone tell me a bit about the course structure? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest