8.33%
    751-780
    9.72%
    781+
    12.50%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woztar)
    Guys , when are going to start giving out the remaining interviews? I am a bit worried because someone told me that usually after Christmas the remaining applicants are "maybe or maybe not".

I read the uni"s we page and it stated an early interview or a late interview is not an indication to the strength of that said applicant.

Really confused.

Please help me out!!
    I might be wrong but I think all the interviews have gone out. I have friends with interviews on 7th March and seeing as offers go out end of March, I'm fairly certain the 7th or not much later is the final deadline. I think maybe now it's a case of having the odd person come in to replace someone who did awfully at interview?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rc16)
    I might be wrong but I think all the interviews have gone out. I have friends with interviews on 7th March and seeing as offers go out end of March, I'm fairly certain the 7th or not much later is the final deadline. I think maybe now it's a case of having the odd person come in to replace someone who did awfully at interview?
    Spaces may also come up as people decline their interviews, for example if they have offers from other unis already.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT 725, nothing so far ..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To the people who haven't received interview offers yet:

Don't worry, I received mine around this time last year and there are people in my year I know who received theirs in early March - not sure if the system has changed for 2014. Keep your chin up if there are any questions you'd like to ask, I'd be happy to help (1st year at Aberdeen)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eventidexc)

Don't worry, I received mine around this time last year and there are people in my year I know who received theirs in early March - not sure if the system has changed for 2014. Keep your chin up if there are any questions you'd like to ask, I'd be happy to help (1st year at Aberdeen)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got an interview next week. Any chance you could give me an idea of what I might be asked? I already had an interview with Glasgow, but I've never done an MMI before...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haylodge)
    Me I have one on the 15th x
    Same
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micoshea)
    Same
    Me too! What time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    8:30 am (gulp) (I don't like mornings) (I do like brackets though)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm an international. So apparently I received an offer from Aberdeen for Neuroscience (w/psychology). That is my 5th choice in UCAS. I applied for Aberdeen medicine as my first choice though. Does this mean that I no longer stand a chance for Aberdeen Medicine?

Also, since Aberdeen stated that they are considering the application until the status changes to 'reject', does it mean that 'no news is good news' ? Anyone knows of anyone who (god forbid) received a rejection from Aberdeen Medicine?

Kindly advise. Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myrza)
    Hey guys I'm an international. So apparently I received an offer from Aberdeen for Neuroscience (w/psychology). That is my 5th choice in UCAS. I applied for Aberdeen medicine as my first choice though. Does this mean that I no longer stand a chance for Aberdeen Medicine?

Also, since Aberdeen stated that they are considering the application until the status changes to 'reject', does it mean that 'no news is good news' ? Anyone knows of anyone who (god forbid) received a rejection from Aberdeen Medicine?

Kindly advise. Thanks
    Getting an offer for neuroscience is in no way indicative of your chances for medicine, they're different courses managed by different people.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myrza)

Kindly advise. Thanks
    Neuroscience is taught by a completely different school, i.e. it has a completely separate admissions process. The school of Medicine won't even know that you have applied to the Neuroscience course. In short, your offer means absolutely nothing in relation to your application to Medicine. But well done on getting it!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilem)
    Getting an offer for neuroscience is in no way indicative of your chances for medicine, they're different courses managed by different people.

(Original post by ElinorH)
    Neuroscience is taught by a completely different school, i.e. it has a completely separate admissions process. The school of Medicine won't even know that you have applied to the Neuroscience course. In short, your offer means absolutely nothing in relation to your application to Medicine. But well done on getting it!

(Original post by ilem)

(Original post by ElinorH)
    Alright that is a huge relief for me . At least I have a chance at Aberdeen med, no matter how small that may be. Thanks guys for the prompt clarification!

In any case, does anyone know of anyone who might have gotten the rejection from Aberdeen med already? Or do they send it after the end of the application cycle?

Cheers!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eventidexc)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your kind words, although things have slightly changed this year. Hope you're enjoying your time at Aberdeen.

(Original post by myrza)
    Alright that is a huge relief for me . At least I have a chance at Aberdeen med, no matter how small that may be. Thanks guys for the prompt clarification!

In any case, does anyone know of anyone who might have gotten the rejection from Aberdeen med already? Or do they send it after the end of the application cycle?

Cheers!
    Well, I haven't heard of any rejection yet. I think most of the applicants who haven't been fortunate enough to receive an interview invitation are on a kind of "waiting list" though I AM just waiting to be rejected, tbh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Any EU Students that have received an Interview?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pele)
    Hello,
    I recieved an interview for February, but I withdrew my application... Maybe it will give someone else a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pele)
    Hello,
    Yup. Got mine this month.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank You
    did you get an offer somewhere else?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Got mine this month.
    Congrats!
    Im still waiting, Hopefully the contact me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebruco)
    I recieved an interview for February, but I withdrew my application... Maybe it will give someone else a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank You
    did you get an offer somewhere else?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    8:30 am (gulp) (I don't like mornings) (I do like brackets though)
    Same here!! 8:30am 15th jan.. I'm freaking out, never had an MMI before, i heard they're doing roleplayed..

Could anyone who already had an interview briefly describe the process?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 13, 2014
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.