The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Are there many people who havent heard still?? :smile: Why is it taking them so long?! - it would be nice to know one way or the other!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1061
Received my interview invite mid day today,:smile: anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1062
Have they finished issuing invitations to international applicants? Anyone from Singapore who received an invitation and anyone still waiting?
Reply 1063
Hey,

thank you for replying to last comment. Just had a quick question. I learnt about the NHS reforms in England and was wondering whether it would be pointless mentioning these in the interview as they technically don't impact Scotland. Is it worthwhile dealing with NHS Scotland only? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Reply 1064
No I'm an International and I got mine around mid day yesterday. So hang in there mate!

UKCAT 760.
Reply 1065
Have any British students hear anything back yet?

I think,on twitter they said that they will send most of the invites by the end of this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1066
Haven't received an interview yet, and I'm international should I be worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moo321
Hey,

thank you for replying to last comment. Just had a quick question. I learnt about the NHS reforms in England and was wondering whether it would be pointless mentioning these in the interview as they technically don't impact Scotland. Is it worthwhile dealing with NHS Scotland only? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Focus on NHS Scotland. There are plenty of health reforms/news that do affect Scotland so there's still plenty for you to talk about.
To everyone wondering:

"Aberdeen Uni SMD @aberdeenuni_smd22h
Just a wee reminder, If you haven't heard from us yet, until your Track us updated, we are still considering your application"

"Aberdeen Uni SMD @aberdeenuni_smdJan 14
We have a few more (interview invites) to send out, hopefully by the end of the week."

..these are the updates on Aberdeen medical school's twitter page, praying for a miracle :redface: good luck y'all
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1069
Original post by lilei_xu
To everyone wondering:

"Aberdeen Uni SMD @aberdeenuni_smd22h
Just a wee reminder, If you haven't heard from us yet, until your Track us updated, we are still considering your application"

"Aberdeen Uni SMD @aberdeenuni_smdJan 14
We have a few more (interview invites) to send out, hopefully by the end of the week."

..these are the updates on Aberdeen medical school's twitter page, praying for a miracle :redface: good luck y'all

I read that as well . Really hope I get an interview today!! Good luck everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1070
Still no email from Aberdeen yet. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1071
For those of you who have not heard back yet.

We have to be realistic. The majority of invites have been given out. Now it's just a matter of filling in the extra spaces.

I am really trying to be optimistic about this but really don't know what to do. I spend ages refreshing my emails.

Anyways, hang in there. Lots of excellent applications are rejected each year simply because there is a lack of spaces.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1072
Original post by woztar
For those of you who have not heard back yet.

We have to be realistic. The majority of invites have been given out. Now it's just a matter of filling in the extra spaces.

I am really trying to be optimistic about this but really don't know what to do. I spend ages refreshing my emails.

Anyways, hang in there. Lots of excellent applications are rejected each year simply because there is a lack of spaces.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a home graduate student- have they sent out a lot of interview invites to graduates?
Should I still have hope left.. Because it's slowly fading away :/
Reply 1073
Original post by somaliya
I'm a home graduate student- have they sent out a lot of interview invites to graduates?

To be honest. I don't know.

I am an undergrad student and read they would sent out some invites by the end if this week.i.e Friday.

It's a bit risky now, I mean it would seem as they might just give invites just to fill spaces.

Again that's my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If that's true it seems so unfair! A few of my friends have got offers and then a few of us havent and theres basically no difference in our applications!
Reply 1075
Original post by Somebody503
If that's true it seems so unfair! A few of my friends have got offers and then a few of us havent and theres basically no difference in our applications!

I feel you, I really do. I am in the same situation. We can only Hope for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicted A*A*AA at A2
680 UKCAT.
I know people with lower UKCAT scores getting through to interview, but they were Scottish.
Does aberdeen look less favourably on a levels?
Still haven't heard from them.
Does anyone know anyone with a similar score to mine getting through?
Reply 1077
Original post by somaliya

I'm a scottish grad, I have an interview in Feb. UKCAT 722.5
Reply 1078
Original post by Somebody503

I think it's a bit less predictable because Aberdeen seem to be one of the few Uni's that actually use our personal statements before interview.
Reply 1079
Original post by Aaroncarlisle
Predicted A*A*AA at A2
680 UKCAT.
I know people with lower UKCAT scores getting through to interview, but they were Scottish.
Does aberdeen look less favourably on a levels?
Still haven't heard from them.
Does anyone know anyone with a similar score to mine getting through?

well i had just a tiny bit higher in the ukcat with 685 and 4A* prediction for A2 and finished my interview :smile: im from england but dont worry! i wouldnt loose hope! there is still time! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending