The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aniaa
there were already few rejections and as track isnt working properly so probaly you are rejected too :hugs:

Yes but when i log in their site,there's still the same letter and nothing more. :smile:
Reply 1141
Original post by Sabje2010
Yes but when i log in their site,there's still the same letter and nothing more. :smile:

ohh I thought you got letter saying you are rejected but nothing on track. This way I'm sorry I misunderstood you!
Original post by Aniaa
ohh I thought you got letter saying you are rejected but nothing on track. This way I'm sorry I misunderstood you!

Oh no! It's fine :smile:
Then it means I still have some hope..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1143
Oh no! It's fine :smile:
Then it means I still have some hope..

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, like me :biggrin:. Althought I prefer they reject me now rather then let me wait, hoping for another week..
Original post by Aniaa
yeah, like me :biggrin:. Althought I prefer they reject me now rather then let me wait, hoping for another week..

That's right! I hate this waiting game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1145
I had my interview at Aberdeen today. To confirm, this is what they told me. This year they received roughly 2710 ish applications and have given out roughly 750 interviews with offers being made in mid March. Good luck to those with their upcoming interviews. :smile:
Reply 1146
That's right! I hate this waiting game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

on their twitter they stated that all interviews will be send out this week so I guess it will be all over very soon :P.
Original post by Aniaa
on their twitter they stated that all interviews will be send out this week so I guess it will be all over very soon :P.

Fingers crossed! :d

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1148
Fingers crossed! :d

Posted from TSR Mobile

to be honest I'm not so sure if I want this interview. I mean, Aberdeen is my 2nd choice so it would be great if I get in but I dont like the idea that they only invited me just because there are some invites left. Like, they dont really want me but since i'm still good enough for them then lets invite me. You get what I mean?
Original post by Aniaa
to be honest I'm not so sure if I want this interview. I mean, Aberdeen is my 2nd choice so it would be great if I get in but I dont like the idea that they only invited me just because there are some invites left. Like, they dont really want me but since i'm still good enough for them then lets invite me. You get what I mean?

Yes. I get what you mean but there is a back up plan in case your first choice didn't say anything. :smile:
What is your 1st choice,by the way?
For me ,personally, I don't hope I get an interview cause my ukcat score was not quite good for this uni.. I'm an EU applicant and i'm afraid they sent out all the interviews for this region.
Reply 1150
Yes. I get what you mean but there is a back up plan in case your first choice didn't say anything. :smile:
What is your 1st choice,by the way?
For me ,personally, I don't hope I get an interview cause my ukcat score was not quite good for this uni.. I'm an EU applicant and i'm afraid they sent out all the interviews for this region.

I'm Eu too! From where did you apply? Me from Belgium but Im Polish so Im not sure which 'country' they take into account.
My first choice is BSMS from which I still didnt hear anything and for my 2 last choices I got interviews
Original post by Aniaa

So withdraw your application then... They're not going to interview for the sake of it, it's an expensive and time consuming process to run MMIs and they're not going to invite candidates if they're not genuinely considering offering them a place.
Original post by Aniaa
I'm Eu too! From where did you apply? Me from Belgium but Im Polish so Im not sure which 'country' they take into account.
My first choice is BSMS from which I still didnt hear anything and for my 2 last choices I got interviews

Oh thats good to hear! I come from an eastern european country :smile: and i haven t heard anything from other unis.
Have you applied to Cardiff?
Reply 1153
Oh thats good to hear! I come from an eastern european country :smile: and i haven t heard anything from other unis.
Have you applied to Cardiff?

nope because I am too young :s-smilie:. Where excatly do you come from?
Original post by Aniaa

Do you mean that you will be 17 when starting the course? :smile:
Original post by Aniaa

I come from Estonia :smile:. Well age is not a problem in terms of admission.
Reply 1156
Original post by Medicine2014
Do you mean that you will be 17 when starting the course? :smile:

noo, 18. But when I checked Cardiff for the first time it was written I need to be 18 by 1 January 2014 so I dropped it and didnt look back anymore.
Original post by Aniaa
noo, 18. But when I checked Cardiff for the first time it was written I need to be 18 by 1 January 2014 so I dropped it and didnt look back anymore.

Ah, okay :smile:

EDIT: I think you might have misread it. :s-smilie: Actually (if I understood correctly) it means that you must be 18 when starting your course, NOT necesarily on the first day of the year you're starting your course, which is different. Otherwise, most of the applicants born in 1996 could not apply! :gasp:

"All applicants must be 18 years old on or before the first day of the first year of your course."
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1158
Original post by Medicine2014
Ah, okay :smile:

EDIT: I think you might have misread it. :s-smilie: Actually (if I understood correctly) it means that you must be 18 when starting your course, NOT necesarily on the first day of the year you're starting your course, which is different. Otherwise, most of the applicants born in 1996 could not apply! :gasp:

"All applicants must be 18 years old on or before the first day of the first year of your course."

yeaah I know now...but well, its too late now anyway :P
Reply 1159
Original post by Aniaa

Sorry to be harsh but this strikes me as quite a childish attitude. You're saying you'd rather give up what might be (because you never know!) your only chance to study Medicine because the selectors at one of the best universities in Scotland, on one of the most competitive courses you can possibly choose, didn't bend over backwards to beg YOU to choose THEM? Give the interview to someone else who WILL do whatever it takes to pursue their dream if this is how you view the whole process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending