The Student Room Group

University end of term?

When the University says their end of year is 4th of June, does that mean it closes or that means when everybody's lectures end?

I haven't started Uni yet so I honestly have no clue how Uni's work, but one of my University choices ends the year at June 4th next year, I'm already planning on doing a summer internship that starts on June 1st, is it possible to finish before the date because obviously otherwise I won't be able to do the internship.
Reply 1
It's unlikely you'll have lectures up to that date but check with the university.
Hey,
My first year was supposed to finish mid June (the official date). However, I finished a month before, since my last exam was on the 15th May. You finish when your exams finish. You can check this year's exam timetable to give you a rough idea of when they finish.
Check with your uni, but it's likely that that is the end of the exam period, do you will need to be available up until then.

However, if you explain the situation to the internship company they should be understanding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by mariocasas
When the University says their end of year is 4th of June, does that mean it closes or that means when everybody's lectures end?

I haven't started Uni yet so I honestly have no clue how Uni's work, but one of my University choices ends the year at June 4th next year, I'm already planning on doing a summer internship that starts on June 1st, is it possible to finish before the date because obviously otherwise I won't be able to do the internship.

thats the date when the exam period ends so you could have exams right up until then which of course you cant miss unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances (e.g. serious illness or death of immediate family member). on the other hand you may find you finish earlier. until your university has decided its exam timetable its impossible to tell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending