The Student Room Group

SICK parents convicted of murdering own child

A little boys parents have been convicted of murder.

What is everyone's thoughts of this?

My thoughts:

Perfect candidates for capital punishment right here. Clearly guilty. Not remorseful. Not fit to be human beings. But sadly they wont be getting a short drop, probably just a short prison sentence.

However I don't think its unreasonable for them to be deported back to Poland to live out their days in solitary. But again, I sense that soft justice will prevail and they will be back out on to the streets of the UK and claiming entitlements before they turn 50.

Also maybe we should send the Polish government the bill for their prison/court costs?

Sources:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381922/Daniel-Pelka-Mother-stepfather-guilty-murdering-schoolboy.html#comments

and the guardian for those who cant stand the mail

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/jul/31/daniel-pelka-mother-stepfather-guilty-murder
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well I think in this case the school killed the kid. Something was obviously wrong and they blamed the kid. Such a preventable death.
Reply 2
Original post by Izzyeviel
Well I think in this case the school killed the kid. Something was obviously wrong and they blamed the kid. Such a preventable death.

Woah!

You blaming society for this murder? REALLY? are you for real?

Two monsters killed this child. No one else.
Disgraceful - how can someone do that to their own child?

Both parents - if one can call them 'parents' - should be sentenced to life without parole and should die in prison.
Reply 4
Original post by dj1015
Woah!

You blaming society for this murder? REALLY? are you for real?

Two monsters killed this child. No one else.

Yes they are not nice people, but read the Guardian one. Instead of trying to help the kid, people were more concerned with not pissing off the parents than asking the kid what was wrong and they failed to look at the evidence. This should have been prevented, people turned a blind eye and let this happen.
Reply 5
Original post by thegodofgod
Disgraceful - how can someone do that to their own child?

Both parents - if one can call them 'parents' - should be sentenced to life without parole and should die in prison.

Minimum terms of 15 would apply here I assume. Will is very sad.

Should be whole life orders, but it wont happen. They will be out and about for 50, plent of time left to live.
Reply 6
Yes they are not nice people, but read the Guardian one. Instead of trying to help the kid, people were more concerned with not pissing off the parents than asking the kid what was wrong and they failed to look at the evidence. This should have been prevented, people turned a blind eye and let this happen.

I dont deny that people should have stepped in. It upsets me to know that our over funded public services cant even spot a child in a abusive relationship.

However responsibility only lies in one place.
Reply 7

You're joking? They should have prevented it but don't shift the blame/responsibility from the "parents".
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
I've been reading about this in the local news regularly, the details are just so awful I needed to cry. How a mother doesn't protect her own son I'll never know. RIP. I blame her for the her son death, she should taken him away from her partner.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Just saw the news on BBC and makes me appalled that there are people like that. Sick sick people. I hope the boy (RIP) receives justice and the mother who are disgrace to the name of parent and mother gets what she deserved as well as her partner.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10

No they didn't, his deadbeat, sadistic mother and her partner did. They noticed bruises and they could have done something but you can't blame them for his parents killing him.
Reply 11
Original post by Kiss
No they didn't, his deadbeat, sadistic mother and her partner did. They noticed bruises and they could have done something but you can't blame them for his parents killing him.

Do you think there might be a problem in society today where people try to blame the collective for the crimes of an individual?
Reply 12
Original post by dj1015
Do you think there might be a problem in society today where people try to blame the collective for the crimes of an individual?

Not any more than there was yesterday. People like to blame others for something tragic because it's easier than to accept the reality of what's happened.
Well as someone who works with children of his age, I have to say there are procedures in place to deal with things like this and I do wonder why they weren't followed in this case.

HOWEVER the blame for his death (RIP) lies solely with the parents. They killed him. They dealt all the blows that lead to his demise. I wouldn't say the school can be blamed for his death - but they can be chastised for not spotting his situation.

RIP :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Kiss
Not any more than there was yesterday. People like to blame others for something tragic because it's easier than to accept the reality of what's happened.

Do you think that people who blame the collective for crimes of individual have some other ulterior motives?
Reply 15
These two 'people' (sadistic psychopathic filth) should be hung.

Cue the bleeding hearts coming on here now and saying 'no, no, no, capital punishment is inhumane etc.

What they did to that poor kid was inhumane, and evil beyond belief.

RIP little Daniel. You're out of all the misery now God bless you.
Reply 16
Original post by Lazar Wolf
These two 'people' (sadistic psychopathic filth) should be hung.

Cue the bleeding hearts coming on here now and saying 'no, no, no, capital punishment is inhumane etc.

What they did to that poor kid was inhumane, and evil beyond belief.

RIP little Daniel. You're out of all the misery now God bless you.

My thoughts precisely. Very good post.
Reply 17
Original post by dj1015
My thoughts precisely. Very good post.

Thanks mate. To my mind these people did the worst thing imaginable.
Original post by dj1015
Minimum terms of 15 would apply here I assume. Will is very sad.

Should be whole life orders, but it wont happen. They will be out and about for 50, plent of time left to live.

Exactly. It should be life. They took away a young innocent life, why do they deserve to ever have freedom again?

Prison sentences are an absolute joke in this country. A surprisingly large amount of people don't even realise that say a 20 year sentence is only effectively a ten year sentence.

I'd like to see someone argue one reason why those two don't deserve to spend the rest of their days behind bars..
I hope they die in prison.

No they didn't, the parents did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending