The Student Room Group

Longest you have ever walked, ran or cycled for

Scroll to see replies

I cycled for 28 miles when I was younger. Took most of the day because I was around 7 and had just learned to ride a bike. Had a heavy bag on the back so whenever I got off the bike it fell over :tongue:.
Reply 81
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
I cycled for 28 miles when I was younger. Took most of the day because I was around 7 and had just learned to ride a bike. Had a heavy bag on the back so whenever I got off the bike it fell over :tongue:.

I can barely imagining you jogging gently let alone cycling for 28 miles.
Original post by Huskaris
I can barely imagining you jogging gently let alone cycling for 28 miles.

Haha well not now :tongue:. A few months ago I could have easily outrun you :wink:. Would you find it more shocking if I told you that my mum cycled it with me too?
Reply 83
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Haha well not now :tongue:. A few months ago I could have easily outrun you :wink:. Would you find it more shocking if I told you that my mum cycled it with me too?

A few months ago you couldn't have outrun the sloth in your photo.

And yes, that has shocked me. I would pay money not to see your mother in lycra.
Reply 84
Original post by brocklehurst95
Go for it! I wouldn't recommend going to the alps and watching them though, they take thousands of years to form.... Did you take geography? :smile:

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, considering it's 4 days of walking. I think it brought us closer as a group :smile: But it tests your patience as well as stamina haha :tongue:

Well I just bought a recommended D of E bag from the internet haha, it was a 60 litre one I think :smile: just about managed to fit everything in!

It's really interesting, and no I didn't, but it sounds pretty cool though, is it tough?

And the walking bit was definitely my favourite part.. I go into deep thought and the surroundings really get me engulfed in my thoughts:smile: however our group leader kept getting us lost, so we didn't have quite the 'closeness' that your group had, hahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Huskaris
A few months ago you couldn't have outrun the sloth in your photo.

And yes, that has shocked me. I would pay money not to see your mother in lycra.

:indiff:

Hahaha who wouldn't want to hear the swishy of the lycra rubbing together?
Reply 86
Original post by Professor Oak
One of the TSR staff did a 100km run non-stop recently for charity :biggrin:

well done to them , how long did it take them?
Original post by Choppie
Cycled - 1,010 miles. Lands End to John O'Groats. 100 miles per day.

HOLY PHUCK thats ace!
My longest cycle ride ever was just over 50 miles. My longest walk is what ever the Ben Nevis trail is. I never usually go further than the local pub on foot.
Reply 88
For an avid cyclist the furthest I've ever cycled is only 86 miles. It's mostly to do with the fact that If I cycle further than 50 miles from home I'd have to get the train home which costs money. As for walking, 15 miles. And running, 5 miles I think.
(edited 10 years ago)
Walked 28km once on duke of Edinburgh award. We got lost. Also this is out in the country, mountains etc so it's a lot more challenging than it seems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja
Walked 28km once on duke of Edinburgh award. We got lost. Also this is out in the country, mountains etc so it's a lot more challenging than it seems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to mention a 15kg pack... I have no idea how far we walked when we or lost on bronze, but fortunately silver we stayed roughly on the right path and gold we're canoeing so finding the campsite is the only real issue :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
i walked a lot today in town.
Reply 92
Royal Marine Commando 30 miler. Navigated yomp over Dartmoor with kit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
120 miles - NIIJMEGEN! (marched)
54 miles 0 London to Brighton (bike)
26.2 miles Brighton marathon - (run)
Reply 94
I'm an up and coming cyclist and I do averagely 140km a day, with big climbs. I do hate walking though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking at the posts on this thread I must be the least fit person ever, the most I've run is probably a mile but even then I might have walked most of it. I've probably walked a fair bit further than that but I don't know how far. I hate exercise :P
Reply 96
never really cycled a great distance to be fair.
I've walked about 15 miles, ran 10 and cycled 40. I cycle quite a lot and I did it in 2h30. Oh I've also rowed for probably about 10 miles in a coxed four boat.
Reply 98
Original post by nopenopenope
implying i walk, run or cycle anywhere

I'll lose my gains

Great minds think alike, I do incredibly aggressive squat jumps to get from A to B
2.8 miles every day for a week

Quick Reply

Latest